• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices can only go up up up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you buy it for a £1 and sell it for £2, that's a great investment.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaDanishek
      Waiting for this bubble to expload
      Keep waiting.

Halifax raises mortgage borrowing age limit to 80 | Money | The Guardian
      Barclays Offer Sees Return Of 100% Mortgages
      New self-cert mortgage lender 'can't meet demand' | Money | The Guardian

Give it another 20 years though and it will go pop.

Comment

I presume the Septics also starting to loosen their borrowing criteria again, although I haven't seen any cynical Zero Hedge articles recently to that effect.

For all the UK Govenment's fine words and noble aspirations about sensible lending, we can't afford to be any less liberal on credit than the US.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

From the comments :-

Now remember folks, if someone takes out a mortgage from this company and subsequently can't pay it back (for example because they've told a pack of lies on their application), they are victims and not greedy.

Comment

showing my age now but that's exactly what they said in 1988 and then 2007

you can't have ladder with no bottom runs the issue will be kids won't move out of the parents home they will just sit waiting, so not paying rent and not buying starter homes

Both times it crashed the sign as been the boards outside houses, they just multiply overnight and I don't mean the selling ones I mean the To let boards, once you start seeing those it shows people are not moving around, people trying to sell come and go, they just take it off the market but the BTL can't have the house empty, when people stop moving around and you see the To Let boards popping up all over the place its a sign that the agencies don't have enough people coming through looking for rental and that's when the panic sets in

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              showing my age now but that's exactly what they said in 1988 and then 2007

you can't have ladder with no bottom runs the issue will be kids won't move out of the parents home they will just sit waiting, so not paying rent and not buying starter homes

Both times it crashed the sign as been the boards outside houses, they just multiply overnight and I don't mean the selling ones I mean the To let boards, once you start seeing those it shows people are not moving around, people trying to sell come and go, they just take it off the market but the BTL can't have the house empty, when people stop moving around and you see the To Let boards popping up all over the place its a sign that the agencies don't have enough people coming through looking for rental and that's when the panic sets in
              There's enough immigrants arriving every year to fill each BTL property 5 times over.

You won't be seeing any To Let signs or sad looking BTL owners, or property price falls.

Mortgages are heading back to the 1000 year mortgages, self cert, 125% LTV, zero deposit, interest only land again.

When it all looks shaky, the helicopters will drop enough money so no one has to work ever again.

I for one, can't wait. It's a New Paradigm™

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                There's enough immigrants arriving every year to fill each BTL property 5 times over.

You won't be seeing any To Let signs or sad looking BTL owners, or property price falls.

Mortgages are heading back to the 1000 year mortgages, self cert, 125% LTV, zero deposit, interest only land again.

When it all looks shaky, the helicopters will drop enough money so no one has to work ever again.

I for one, can't wait. It's a New Paradigm™
                At the moment, All good things come to an end eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                  At the moment, All good things come to an end eventually
                  It would help if the youngsters actually bothered to vote.

Maybe they should create an app for that.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    It would help if the youngsters actually bothered to vote.

Maybe they should create an app for that.....
                    God, don't encourage them! The less they vote, the better it stays for us boomers.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The only voting the stupid generation do is on Big Brother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eloi

By the year AD 802,701, humanity has evolved into two separate species: the Eloi and the Morlocks, whereof the Eloi live a banal life of ease on the surface of the earth, while the Morlocks live underground, tending machinery and providing food, clothing, and infrastructure for the Eloi. The narration suggests that the separation of species may have been the result of a widening split between different social classes. Having solved all problems that required strength, intelligence, or virtue, the Eloi have slowly become dissolute and naive: they are described as smaller than modern humans, with shoulder-length curly hair, pointed chins, large eyes, small ears, small mouths with bright red thin lips, and sub-human intelligence. They do not perform much work, except to feed, play, and mate; and when Weena falls into a river, none of the other Eloi helps her (she is rescued instead by the Time Traveler).

Comment

Working...
                      X