• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where can I get 10%, zero risk, govt backed return on my money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The government is in such a hole. House prices and immigration are all they have left.
    BREXIT
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Interestingly though, what i think is happening now, is that there's a new cognitive elite who are getting rich.
      You can see it on this forum

Boasty Mcboastface

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        most folk hold a golden ticket to the funfair so DGAF about future buyers at the bottom.
        In 2004 I bought a house for £125k and sold it in 2007 for the same £125k. I remember the estate agent phoning me up to say that the buyers had been in touch and they really liked it, but that they wanted to pay £115k because they wanted something with more equity in it. I tulip you not.

That's puzzled me for nearly a decade, because I thought they were just a set of fwking cheeky kuntz. Now it's become clear - they were thinking of selling at a loss too so they could help those unfortunate enough to be younger than them

Thanks MM

Oh - looks like they did too. According to Rightmove:
        - June 2007: Sold for £125k
        - October 2014: Sold for £124k

Aren't they generous

Comment

Where can I get 10%, zero risk, govt backed return on my money?

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          In 2004 I bought a house for £125k and sold it in 2007 for the same £125k. I remember the estate agent phoning me up to say that the buyers had been in touch and they really liked it, but that they wanted to pay £115k because they wanted something with more equity in it. I tulip you not.

That's puzzled me for nearly a decade, because I thought they were just a set of fwking cheeky kuntz. Now it's become clear - they were thinking of selling at a loss too so they could help those unfortunate enough to be younger than them

Thanks MM

Aren't they generous
          Bummer dude. What's the rest of your house owning story? Have you bought Gain or renting?
          Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 7 April 2016, 11:44.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Thanks MM

Aren't they generous
            i don`t understand !

if a twunk like sadguru can make money how did you lose ??

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
              Don`t even own a home .

waste of time

i buy and flip only mugs hold onto them

c24 is coming
              Er, what's c24?

Do we need to stock up on fresh water and supplies?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

i don`t understand !

if a twunk like sadguru can make money how did you lose ??
                Lose? I sold for what I'd bought for, and lived there for 3 years in between. Who lost?

The price couldn't very well increase because the stamp duty threshold was £125k at the time.

Comment

Lose? I sold for what I'd bought for, and lived there for 3 years in between. Who lost?

The price couldn't very well increase because the stamp duty threshold was £125k at the time.
                  well generally you make some kind of profit unless you paid vastly too much or bought in a bad area.

take away mortgage fees estate agents cost and it would be a lose , i guess the flip side is you have not paid some parasites mortgage for them.
                  so probably works out better.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Er, what's c24?

Do we need to stock up on fresh water and supplies?
                    don`t worry only BTL parasites need to.

Comment

don`t worry only BTL parasites need to.
                      Yeah I'm quaking in my boots in case a loser 40-year old virgin who lives with his mum assaults me with his selfie stick.
                      If you can't even leave home how do you expect to start a revolution?
                      Now please stop, I'm getting that deep belly laugh that means the afternoon will be a write off.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X