• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farcical contract.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ketto View Post
    Said no and kept billing...
    Good for you.

I had an interview at an IB a few years and got the gig. While in the role, I bumped into the guy who did the technical side of the interview and asked him for feedback. He said that his feedback to the hiring manager was simply that while LM is £50 more than the others, he's the only one who could do the project. I guess better contractors rely on better interviewers a lot of the time.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      So when they were trying this did you respond at all or just say no?
      Seems like he dealt with it well, unlike you, who would have behaved like a vegetarian in in butchers shop, prior to starting a thread whingeing on here.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Good for you.

I had an interview at an IB a few years and got the gig. While in the role, I bumped into the guy who did the technical side of the interview and asked him for feedback. He said that his feedback to the hiring manager was simply that while LM is £50 more than the others, he's the only one who could do the project. I guess better contractors rely on better interviewers a lot of the time.
        I’ve been quite fortunate that recent previous clients have been more like that. I think the issue here is the budget holder was suffering from ‘Contractor gets paid more than me syndrome’, forgetting that the actual cost to the organisation of employing them is likely to be double what their salary is. Want to avoid being benched as the war chest is low due to buying our first house and the Mrs has turned into Laurence Llewellyn Bowen on me (good job I am better at controlling scope creep with clients than I am with her!). Anyway got three agent calls to return at lunch and I can negotiate home working or a favourable notice period here if they insist on a cut in order to extend. Sure it will be fine one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Seems like he dealt with it well, unlike you, who would have behaved like a vegetarian in in butchers shop, prior to starting a thread whingeing on here.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Seems like he dealt with it well, unlike you, who would have behaved like a hooker in the family wedding, prior to starting a thread whingeing on here.
            FTFY

Comment

Working...
            X