• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

‘Our 17 properties will lose £16,000 per year’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Ah but thats not about planning that because they know that they are on the hook to spend cash on creating the extra infrastructure that would be needed.
    What you do is tell the developers the development can go through if you do x.

Plus where I live that's one of the only few places where there is space to put in new homes - they have run out of pubs and office blocks to convert.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Perhaps you have forgotten the big fanfare with Blair and the Cyclops standing in front of the press announcing the fact that they no longer controlled the banks because it was much better if they looked after themselves... That was the point at while the regulatory gloves came off...
      The Tories at the time were complaining the amount of deregulation wasn't enough....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Plus where I live that's one of the only few places where there is space to put in new homes - they have run out of pubs and office blocks to convert.
        Yes but because they a cunning stunts they figured out that they can get a clause into the contract that basically doesn't enact the need to provide the facilities until the last phase is underway. They put in for 100 houses and leave a proportion for the last phase and then they never build the last phase... Interestingly the last phase always seems to be cheaper to leave unbuilt than providing the necessary facilities.

Comment

These people are so stupid they don't even realize how stupid they are. A bit like sassy. They expect sympathy. But get ridicule.

A bit like embarrassing bodies. You cannot go to your doctor with the wart on your arse. But are happy to get it out in front of 4 million strangers.

If the daily mail keeps being this funny I might have to start reading it...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            These people are so stupid they don't even realize how stupid they are. A bit like Suity. They expect sympathy. But get ridicule.
            FTFY

Comment

Yes but because they a cunning stunts they figured out that they can get a clause into the contract that basically doesn't enact the need to provide the facilities until the last phase is underway. They put in for 100 houses and leave a proportion for the last phase and then they never build the last phase... Interestingly the last phase always seems to be cheaper to leave unbuilt than providing the necessary facilities.
              Where they want the development they don't need to do very much.

There is a train station nearby and loads of buses. There are also empty shops for doctors surgeries. Developers don't have to pay for schools.

I suspect one of the councillors lives nearby and is worried about more traffic....

Comment

Where they want the development they don't need to do very much.

There is a train station nearby and loads of buses. There are also empty shops for doctors surgeries. Developers don't have to pay for schools.

I suspect one of the councillors lives nearby and is worried about more traffic....
                Yep we need expansion just not here...

I went to a local planning meeting in our village because the council had figured out we could get some more houses into the village (about 200 dotted around in total) They were incredibly set against the expansion. I suggested we should let it happen on the grounds of there are 150 kids in the local school and one day they will need a home of their own and the village is already a bit of a blot as most of the people at the meeting lived in new builds that had gone up in the 90's I think that I might have over stepped the mark

Comment

Yep we need expansion just not here...

I went to a local planning meeting in our village because the council had figured out we could get some more houses into the village (about 200 dotted around in total) They were incredibly set against the expansion. I suggested we should let it happen on the grounds of there are 150 kids in the local school and one day they will need a home of their own and the village is already a bit of a blot as most of the people at the meeting lived in new builds that had gone up in the 90's I think that I might have over stepped the mark
                  That's because you aren't a NIMBY.

At least you didn't ask them where do they expect their carers to live in 10-30 years time.

Comment

But it is all resolved over a couple of sherrys down at the lodge.

"No Frank, we don't need to worry about schools, shops, doctors, transport, parking, or affordable housing; Jim here is on the planning committee and it is going through without all that."
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The Tories at the time were complaining the amount of deregulation wasn't enough....
                      They were not in charge though ...

Comment

Working...
                      X