• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it worth working?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Dunno. I lay around all day and think about it though....

I hear Btl is the way to go

Might be worth a punt

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
      Considering all you have offered up is the climate is warm how can I assume it is anything other.

Magaluf was 30c but not great I prefer the rain anyways.
      Looks like your glass is always half empty
      Jetting off to a tropical island later.

Hope today's episode of JK is a good one and the JSA peeps don't cause you too much pain.

Maybe, a little lube will help
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Looks like your glass is always half empty
        Jetting off to a tropical island later.

Hope today's episode of JK is a good one and the JSA peeps don't cause you too much pain.

Maybe, a little lube will help
        Great! might take a look on Ryan air myself always fancied somewhere warm for £50 hope it's got a palm tree. I applaud you finding you're exciting place though.

What's JSA anyway , apparently I have too much stashed to claim anything

Comment

Great! might take a look on Ryan air myself always fancied somewhere warm for £50 hope it's got a palm tree. I applaud you finding you're exciting place though.

What's JSA anyway , apparently I have too much stashed to claim anything
          Enjoy your Ryan Air holiday, just remember to budget budget over £50, the extras are you killer, so I've heard.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Enjoy your Ryan Air holiday, just remember to budget budget over £50, the extras are you killer, so I've heard.
            To be fair it's far easier to go on Google and download some pictures of a destination I am interested in and just whack the heating up.

Sunnies on you would barely tell the difference.
            I guess my bragging rights would falter though but then buying a plane ticket is hardly anything to shout about

Must dash need to get up early for Jeremy it's a special "who's the father my brother or uncle"
            Last edited by unemployed; 10 March 2016, 03:18.

Comment

Must dash need to get up early for Jeremy
              I guess you have to get your excitement wherever you can
              Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 10 March 2016, 03:31.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Having been in 2nd line support off and on from 1998 onwards I am finding it hard to believe that contract rates aren't any higher than year 2000 and permanent is no higher either. Having been offered a support role for 30k in 2001 I am astounded that simple inflation has not increased these same jobs to around the 45k mark. I regularly get emails and calls for the same 30k figure or less. Funny that putting a roof over your head in 2000 would cost you 150k but now it's 500k. Where does it give???

Wow. Support for almost 20 years. Ambassador, you're really spoiling us with your skills.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Wow. Support for almost 20 years. Ambassador, you're really spoiling us with your skills.
                  Some murderers get less
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Jobs a job means to a end it gives me no pleasure, but you are missing the point
                    Why are jobs paying the same 15 years later regardless of skills

Comment

Jobs a job means to a end it gives me no pleasure, but you are missing the point
                      Why are jobs paying the same 15 years later regardless of skills
                      It's a fair question. It took me around ten years in this country to get to the salary I was making in the States when I emigrated; I've only surpassed it in the last few years. Probably the Bank of England are geniuses who've kept inflation under control and the already high prices here means nothing needed to change?

Comment

Working...
                      X