• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

30 mins gained/wasted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point was more about contractors just landing in a place and after not long proclaiming everone and everything is tulip.

I think we have a tendency to do this, which is cool if we also present a few options as to how to untulip the tulip, without the alternatives, which i have witnessed a fair bit less than the first part, we just come across as pricks.

Comment

It's just weak management.

People reach a certain level and the just protect their job by employing people worse than them who are never going to challenge them and the downward trend of employing poor candidates proliferated through said department.

Unless you can actually address that then smile, wave and invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
        I don't like folk who do this to be honest, and I find it happens all too regularly, someone comes in, usually a very confident pain in the arse type, winds up then loudly proclaims everyone is tulip in the team, then finishes and moves on to next gig.

If folk are useless, why not help them, that's what I'd do, if I could?
        The other problem is whilst some practices or tools are worth learning, many are flavour of the month. Useless could mean they're useless, they're different, or I'm too crappy to see their value.

Also, apparently this is based on them being bad at estimating. Everyones bad at estimating. It's easy to criticise someone for answering wrongly how longs a piece of string but you'd be generally wrong if you yourself tried to predict such things on a regular basis.
        Last edited by fool; 5 March 2016, 12:46.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
          My point was more about contractors just landing in a place and after not long proclaiming everone and everything is tulip.
          I've seen plenty of permies do this too

Comment

Working...
          X