Over the years I've noticed that if you're willing to work extra hours for free then client will mostly take all they can get. I've also seen lots of client managers who try it on a bit to get freebies. I can live with that - if a manager can get tons of work out of a contractor he gets a slap on the back for utilising the resouce to the max.

Current client and one particular manager is starting to take the michael a bit. For a while,I've been coming in at 8am and leaving at 4-30pm. (Contract says 7.5 hours a day). So no big deal.

Occasionally, they'll expect me to stay late or do some out of hours stuff. I've also got remote access and do stuff from home. I log this and take this as TOIL.

No-one offered but in the past I just said I'm off Friday but booking it as billable and using these hours. My rationale is a bit extra no big deal but if you want me working late and I miss my kids before they go to bed and/or expect me to do stuff from home in the evening as well then it aint free.

More recently I've been having comments if I leave at 4.30pm ("half day is it?") or if I come in at 9 instead of 8 ("late shift is it?). Peeing me off now it is.

Yes its said jokingly but know damn well manager is doing it in a bit of passive/aggressive bullying way.

Ignore?