• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private plates...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed my name by deed poll to match my number plate. It's a much cheaper way of having a personalised plate, but I have to change my name each time I buy a new car. And the kids get confused.

Has anyone seen a car with "MOO 5E" on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Generalist
      Incidentally a good one to have got before the product was famous would have been 1 POD. I'm hanging on for PEN 15 to come on the market....
      For £100K it's yours!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
        Your knowledge of the history of registration plates is rather worrying, but I liked the PEN 15 / come on bit.

Xeno in 'toilet humour for the win' mode
        Don't get me started on the correct number plate font for a given era!

PEN15 is actually for sale at £99,995 at Regtransfers, they also have P155 OFF at an undisclosed price. Far cheaper is the old Viz top tip to change your name to the your car reg.

btw, this has got to be one of the most patronising websites going (not least to the motor trade) - make sure your sound is on:

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/FAQ/
        Only the mediocre are ever at their best

Comment

Ps

btw, this has got to be one of the most patronising websites going (not least to the motor trade) - make sure your sound is on:

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/FAQ/
          Funny enough, if you switch to Welsh the bloke still speaks (Estuary) English! Any of you lot own up to developing the site?

Comment

PEN15 is actually for sale at £99,995 at Regtransfers, they also have P155 OFF at an undisclosed price. Far cheaper is the old Viz top tip to change your name to the your car reg.
            You might want to read the two preceding posts to yours?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
              You might want to read the two preceding posts to yours?

.. which had clearly been posted whilst I was composing mine. Would I have bothered otherwise?

Comment

It must be a pre-1963 plate to have only 4 characters, and if none have been adapted from numbers other than a 1, her name must either begin or end with an I, which limits the girls names I can think of. Is she called 1 RMA?

Incidentally a good one to have got before the product was famous would have been 1 POD. I'm hanging on for PEN 15 to come on the market....
                I belive it is in fact a NI plate originally and yes her name ends in I.

And No she is not thai and was born a woman. Her name is not spelt the way you would generally expect it to be spelt and most people think it is a shortened version of a longer name.

More clues later if you are lucky

Comment

got it...

FAN1

Milan.

Comment

Tam1
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

GUM1
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X