• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you post something interesting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Try gmx.com - It's very slick, and always seems to be available, and you'll have a shorter email address.

Now I just have to take my own advice, and shift everything over from Yahoo Mail to gmx.com.

But it will be a monstrous task, because I have dozens of contacts and subscriptions etc who all use my Yahoo address.
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    I use gmx also, make sure you install ad-blocker plus. Also set up the email gatherer for your old accounts makes life easier. Plenty of on-line storage also. Also ensure you reserve the .com version of the address if you want it really short.
    What reply address shows in any email you send out?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I bought some Robinson hyperconcentrated fruit squash to enliven my bottle of drinking water. On the pack it says 'avoid contact with eyes'.
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Something, ahem, interesting that I've just learned.

I think you have to be at least 45 to remember the Old Grey Whistle Test but do you know why it was so called?

The show’s presenter Bob Harris once explained that the name came from an old Tin Pan Alley expression.

When the first pressing of a record was made, they would play it to the doormen who were known as the “old greys” because they wore grey suits.

If they could remember the song and whistle it after one or two listens, it had passed the old grey whistle test.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What is wrong with tpd?
          It's "tl;dr"

Can you post a quick summary?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            It's "tl;dr"

Can you post a quick summary?
            Drivel
            Bored now