• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scruffy Hermit Appears Clutching Papers In Central London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Why should they guarantee it? If the US produces compelling evidence that he has committed a crime which fully meets the criteria for extradition, why shouldn't they hand him over.
    Because Americas think they can do what they want. I refuse to believe JA will get a fair trial.

Team America was supposed to be fiction not reality.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Because Americas think they can do what they want. I refuse to believe JA will get a fair trial.
      Which brings me to the Abu Qatada case, he protested against deportation to Jordan believing he wouldn't get a fair trial. After many years and umpty years, we finally succeeded in deporting him, he was tried in Jordan and found not guilty.

Sounds like he got a fair trial to me.

Why would Assange be any different? Can we not trust the Swedish criminal justice system?
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        +1

Let us not forget that the US was able to ground a presidential plane by pressuring Spain, France and Italy to deny permission to cross their airspace forcing the plane to land in Austria.

Then the Austrians searched the plane. A ******* presidential plane.

The US has a lot of influence.
        Spain, Italy and France are NATO members.

Austria is a member of NATO partnership for peace.

So it's not surprising they co-operate with the US.....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Spain, Italy and France are NATO members.

Austria is a member of NATO partnership for peace.

So it's not surprising they co-operate with the US.....

It's not surprising, but imagine if Russia grounded Cameron & searched his plane. After all they are allies of USAN.

It probably doesn't bolster my argument but all of this happened because of disinformation from Assange.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            Which brings me to the Abu Qatada case, he protested against deportation to Jordan believing he wouldn't get a fair trial. After many years and umpty years, we finally succeeded in deporting him, he was tried in Jordan and found not guilty.

Sounds like he got a fair trial to me.

Why would Assange be any different? Can we not trust the Swedish criminal justice system?
            I trust Sweden! Its America I hate!

I have worked with some great Americans. They think most of their fellow citizens are morons too.

Comment

Working...
            X