• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hope you're paying yourself at least £10/hour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No pensions triple lock guarantee to buy their votes for sure.

Budget should have been cut X% across the board (phased over 5 years to make it a bit easier) to meet spending with actual, already way too high tax income.

Pensions is a big separate question - it's a ponzi scheme and everybody knows it.

QE should have been used to fund HS2 and some other infrastructure projects - Bank of England to hold shares for those projects, possibly sold in the future - Corbyn wants that (not sure about shares bit).
    But that was the entire point of the pension system, it was that those who were working should pay for the retired.

Unfortunately Thatcher was too lazy/scared to increase the pension age. In reality the pension age should be what it is going to be but the age increase should be more gradual e.g. those retiring right now should be retiring at 66 not 65.

Problem with pensions is there is no means testing because those who are entitled and should claim more would refuse to.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think im just goint to find one of these offhsore "finance" / Umbrella companies things.

I wanted to play fair, pay my income tax normally but this is taking a piss. No mileage allowance, if I dont pay my self this much then they seize the company.

WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        But that was the entire point of the pension system, it was that those who were working should pay for the retired.
        Yes, but the country can't afford it, so expenditure on pensions should go down by same X% as other spending elements of the budget.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Problem with pensions is there is no means testing because those who are entitled and should claim more would refuse to.
        Means testing should be abolished - everyone who paid taxes should be entitled to pension, just because some were prudent not to spend all money does not mean they should not get what they were promised and paid for. Only option for refusal to supply such promises services should be full inflation-indexed refund of taxes paid by said person.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrkula View Post
          I think im just goint to find one of these offhsore "finance" / Umbrella companies things.

I wanted to play fair, pay my income tax normally but this is taking a piss. No mileage allowance, if I dont pay my self this much then they seize the company.

WTF?!
          Good luck with that.

You will end up following those before you, HMRC breathing heavily down your neck, potentially up to the eyeballs in debt after retrospective payments are demanded.

Its not worth it.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            OK "more borrowing" ?

Or is it this? The inverted snobbery or cowardice of not wanting to be seen to vote Tory despite the fact that conservative ideals are what so many people live by?

Why were so many people afraid to admit that they wanted to vote Tory? - Telegraph

Yet on the outside these people will pretend to be labour supporters (just to supposedly give themselves some dubious veneer of credibility) despite the appalling outcomes that have been endured under their watch.
            I don't support, or pretend to support, any of them.

Voting Tory is fine, if you are stinking rich, but, no good if you are aspirational.
            Voting Labour is fine, if you have little, or nothing and want more of the pie, for little effort.

As for the rest, even a bigger bunch of losing, no hopers
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Voting Tory is fine, if you are stinking rich, but, no good if you are aspirational.
              Voting Labour is fine, if you have little, or nothing and want more of the pie, for little effort.
              If you are aspirational _and_ young then the most sensible thing to do is leave this country.

Comment

If you are aspirational _and_ young then the most sensible thing to do is leave this country.
                Yup, agreed.

Not so young here, but, still considering doing just that.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So, I'll probably be labelled simple/naive (feel free to add whatever additional mockery you can come up with), but does anyone ever set up one of these PSC/Limited company things and pay themselves full pay instead of dividends? You know, only keeping money in the company account for business-related expenses like stationary and the like. Not trying cast aspersions or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                    So, I'll probably be labelled simple/naive (feel free to add whatever additional mockery you can come up with), but does anyone ever set up one of these PSC/Limited company things and pay themselves full pay instead of dividends? You know, only keeping money in the company account for business-related expenses like stationary and the like. Not trying cast aspersions or anything, I'm genuinely curious.
                    I would very much doubt it, in IT, but, sure, in other trades.
                    The old man had a LTD company, building, he didn't pay dividends, for example.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Leave where? I just came here because i'm aspirational af _and_ young...

Comment

Working...
                      X