• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obligatory weekend thread - lets pretend I care

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Visiting a plot with a view to potentially building a house near one of the Bavarian lakes.

How a wee lad from Paisley ended up in such circumstances is a mystery.
    Do it! I did this in Assenhausen (on the shore of Starnberger See). You'll love the whole project.

Just don't forget to specify gutter heaters.....

Comment

Starnberger see be where we're considering

Do you have children? Or were schools a factor in choosing Assenhausen? i.e. MIS?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Starnberger see be where we're considering

Do you have children? Or were schools a factor in choosing Assenhausen? i.e. MIS?
        I did at the time but daughter was in boarding school in Putney. I mainly chose Assenhausen because of the private roads only available to residents (on the lake shore) making the area great for dogs as well as the quick access via Starnberg on a road with no jams to the famous Autobahn with no trucks.

Public transport ie the S bahn is on the other side of the lake, so you may want to consider that, as the traffic from the end of the motorway to Georg-Brauchle-Ring where I worked was uncomfortable to say the least, but mostly I WedFH.

Kids wise anything in that area on the gymnasium path is going to be good. You are in one of the best neighborhoods in Europe.

PM me if I can help in any way.

Comment

Thanks, will keep it in mind! Building is an option, stock is so lacklustre after the UK. Spots like Tutzing or Pöcking seems like awesome spots, yet you can still hope on the s-bahn to Marienplatz in 40 or so minutes.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X