• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear(tm): 'Buy-to-let investors will need 50pc deposit - or no mortgage'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    How it was allowed for so long remains a mystery.
    It's called Kapitalism...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It's called baby boomers.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        It's called baby boomers.
        That's called jealousy.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          May be Kaputilism before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            But the great thing is with less new BTL'ers it's harder for any existing BTL'ers to offload their properties when they want to cash in. They might even have to ask a price that ordinary people can afford.
            That's fine. So I start to offload my BTLS with lots of others, which then causes the housing market to collapse, forcing the rest of you to lose equity or go negative, people stop moving, George doesn't get his stamp duty, interest rates go up as we go into a downturn, economy stagnates, Tories get forced out at the next election, Corbyn gets in and taxes the crap out of you some more and abolishes all self-employment, forces you all to join a Union and he appoints the Muslim Brotherhood as his cabinet.

So that's it. He ****s with BTL, next thing you all have to grow beards and convert to Islam. You heard it here first.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              That's fine. So I start to offload my BTLS with lots of others, which then causes the housing market to collapse, forcing the rest of you to lose equity or go negative, people stop moving, George doesn't get his stamp duty, interest rates go up as we go into a downturn, economy stagnates, Tories get forced out at the next election, Corbyn gets in and taxes the crap out of you some more and abolishes all self-employment, forces you all to join a Union and he appoints the Muslim Brotherhood as his cabinet.

So that's it. He ****s with BTL, next thing you all have to grow beards and convert to Islam. You heard it here first.
              Are you suggesting the UK economy is a one trick pony? What about immigration?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Are you suggesting the UK economy is a one trick pony? What about immigration?
                + Immigration and QE. It's not just a one trick pony, it's a whole field of ponies.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

oh dear(tm): 'Buy-to-let investors will need 50pc deposit - or no mortgage'

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  That's called jealousy.

HTH BIDI

And there it is. The brioche moment.
                  Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 3 December 2015, 21:23.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I think you are overreacting here a tad.

Women won't have to grow beards...

Comment

Corbyn gets in and taxes the crap out of you some more and abolishes all self-employment
                      Osborne is doing a very good job on this front already.

Comment

Working...
                      X