• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dashcams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Dont buy a cheap one. You need the quality to be able to read the numberplate.

Im considering this
    I've got this one, and I've found the picture quality is not good enough for reading a number plate in typical driving situations. When you're close to the other car and when both cars are stationary you're probably ok.

That said, I wouldn't be without a dash cam, given the propensity of people to lie after an accident. If I had to buy one again, I'd probably get a cheaper one with the features I wanted and forget about trying to read number plates.

Comment

I bought a NextBase 402g for both my wife and I a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with them. I did my research on them first and the quality on them is good enough for legal requirements should I need it. Half it's had a bundle deal on them including fitting so worked out alright £160ish

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Is this now becoming a necessity due to the amount of Ruskies we have let into the country?
        It's not even "Ruskies" it's the fact that car insurers unless you are clearly not at fault e.g. someone goes into the back of you, will say you are 50% at fault to close the claim. The other party doesn't even need to lie as their insurer will automatically do that if there are no witnesses.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X