• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenager bottled by ex-Countdown champion for giving his book bad review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I remember hearing about this on Twitter when it happened, a bit over a year ago. The bloke had also posted dozens of responses to adverse reviews of his book on hitherto-unknown blogs, all of which were screenshot (screenshotted?) and tweeted, and all of which basically came down to him saying "If you don't like my book it's because you're too thick to understand it. My towering intellect is beyond the capacity to understand of puny mortals" and so on, often at inordinate length.

Most bloggers responded to his comments by succinctly refuting his assertions, to which he responded with even greater fury, and so on, with the response threads often travelling far off the right hand side of the page

The reviews on Amazon are pretty good:

"Awful, pompous book written by a pretentious nutbar stalker with delusions of literacy and not a clue in his head. Not many coherent sentences in the book, for that matter; this author loves using big words but hates using them correctly."

"It's like the author romantically snuck into my childhood room while I was sleeping, took the fairy tale books right off of my shelves, and cut them to pieces only to glue them back together into this masterpiece of semi-coherence. Bravo!"

"I wouldn't even download a free version of the book to be perfectly honest with you… he's incredibly stubborn and arrogant if he thinks this kind of material is worth money."

"Amateurish bilge swill with no redeeming features."

Ah but then the most recent review reads:

2 of 45 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Screw the Haters

By Jeremysepicreads on October 27, 2014

Format: Paperback

I loved it so much people are so stupid to hate on this book......I loved the writing and story my full review will be posed soon
    I wonder what "Jeremysepicreads" is an anagram of
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
    X