• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shirts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primark, clothes look shiit on me even posh ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      I used to wear Thomas Pink shirts, the quality was always good. Then I think they moved all their production to somewhere like Vietnam and the quality collapsed. I'm not paying over £70 for a shirt that is made in a third world sweat shop.

Now I tend to stick to TM Lewin, where you get four shirts for £100 and the quality is very good for the price.
      That's what killed M&S off. Started having stuff made in the Philippines and brought themselves down to Littlewoods/BHS/C&A level - that's based on a rant from my mum to customer services back in the day.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
        Where do you get decent shirts at a decent price?

I generally go with TM Lewin 4 for £90 but wondering if there is someone better to go. Obviously you can get shirts much cheaper but I do like getting decent quality

VC

+1

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          That's what killed M&S off. Started having stuff made in the Philippines and brought themselves down to Littlewoods/BHS/C&A level - that's based on a rant from my mum to customer services back in the day.
          And that when it all went t*ts up, when they lost sight of their core market and then decided to mug everyone off.
          Their jumpers were made by Jaeger, back in the day, regardless of them having an M&S label.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I had a look at CT but looked very similar to TM Lewin. Worth giving it a go I guess.

Like double cuff but I'm not senior enough to have to wear them. And I roll my sleeves up all the time.

Comment

+1 for TM Lewin 4 @ £90 is hard to beat - especially when you can get the extra sleeve length for online ordering.
              Bought on the understanding they won't last forever - but once the collars start to fray due to a Desperate Dan stubble I cut the sleeves down and use them for summer DIY shirts
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Always found TM Lewin to be a bit crap. But that could be because the sizes are not great for me. Material seemed a bit thick and low quality.

I'm bought a nice shirt from Hugo Boss, good fit, £70. I used an online retailer in Belgium (you give your sizes and they fit to measure) but buggered if I can remember the name. Think it was suggested to me on another thread a while back.

Comment

I had a look at CT but looked very similar to TM Lewin. Worth giving it a go I guess.

Like double cuff but I'm not senior enough to have to wear them. And I roll my sleeves up all the time.
                  Double roll up nicely though.

Personally I have mine made for me by a nice little company in Slovakia.

Best quality, nice designs, cost me about £20 a pop when I buy a few at a time.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

You are a Director of MyCo aren't you? You can't get any more senior than that

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      TM Lewin
                      Bought a couple from a branch of TM a few weeks ago.

100% two-fold cotton, button cuff .. but even though they have the 'Established 1898, Jermyn Street London' main label they also have a tiny label inside near the spare buttons .. Made in Vietnam ..aaah

Comment

Working...
                      X