• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3% Tax and the Netherlands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    And if the payroll is based in NL, you may get hit by cloggy hector if you're not careful. He makes Uk hector seem like a nice guy!
    Well, it just goes to prove that Hector is totally incompetent.

I found out earlier that Hector has changed by Tax Code because of the pension payment I made last year which was an accumulation of 3 years back payments. That resulted in a tidy tax refund via my self assessment as I maxed out my higher rate contributions. I received my cheque back in June.

Having then paid me the money back, the tax office then decided to change my tax code so they could refund me the money again via my PAYE. Completely clueless to the fact I've had my refund, they're now going to allow me to off 45% of (77.5-10) tax back in advance. I will of course, have to pay this in due course when I do my SA, which is due in Jan 2017.

So I could tell them now and not accrue it, or alternatively I could thank them for that fact they've just give me an interest free loan for around 30k until the beginning of 2017.

Who the fook writes their systems???

It's in my favour this time Hector. Lol.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 23 October 2015, 18:03.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Having then paid me the money back, the tax office then decided to change my tax code so they could refund me the money again via my PAYE. Completely clueless to the fact I've had my refund, they're now going to allow me to off 45% of (77.5-10) tax back in advance. I will of course, have to pay this in due course when I do my SA, which is due in Jan 2017.
      And that's where interest free credit cards come into play ...

Comment

Working...
      X