• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hyperinflation on the way?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people in the background will release more money into the market if it helps maintain the status quo and make sure they make more money longer term.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
      ...better informed than most people.

Funny, but it actually does have some good articles on there along with the crap. Better signal to noise ratio than most websites and magazines commenting on this stuff.
      WHS, and the commenters are pretty forthright in their criticism of misguided or axe-grinding article writers.

The trick is to stop reading a comment (or article) as soon as you see any of the words "bankster", "zionist", "illuminati", "sheeple", and a few others

Any other "stop reading comment now" trigger words, other than "the" and "and" ?
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 8 December 2015, 11:27.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Hyperinflation is on the way. It is a foregone conclusion. Over time all fiat currency trends to zero.

The only question is how long the dollar (petrodollar) can be artificially held up. If our invasion of Syria goes well and we can then invade Iran successfully the USD and all the paper tied to it might last a while. We'll see.
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
          If our invasion of Syria goes well and we can then invade Iran successfully the USD and all the paper tied to it might last a while. We'll see.
          Thars gold in them hills, there is
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

I'll have some of his
            Care to make a wager?
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Care to make a wager?
              Yes.

What's the bet.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                Yes.

What's the bet.
                That "a coalition" will engage in military action in or against Iran within 10 years (probably a lot less but not into losing cash on technicalities) and/or attempt to overthrow the Iranian government on some pretence or other.
                I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

If Iran get invaded, it'll be carnage all round. Not exactly the most accommodating of neighbours either.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That "a coalition" will engage in military action in or against Iran within 10 years (probably a lot less but not into losing cash on technicalities) and/or attempt to overthrow the Iranian government on some pretence or other.
                    That's far to vague and over to long a time-scale.

It's like saying : I predict there will be a plane crash in March within the next decade. ( There will be, you heard it here first ).

We needs names in the coalition ( hint : Israel & the US? ) and a shorter time period.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      It's the "successfully" that really gets me

After all, the record of "success" since 2001 isn't exactly inspiring.
                      Varying definitions on success.

Tony Blair is a success. Discuss.

Comment

Working...
                      X