• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Futuristic bladeless laser razor could 'transform' shaving

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be worried a water drop could somehow reflect and focus the beam off your shaving mirror into your eye, or someone else's

I mean it must be quite an intense IR beam to be able to slice through a hair.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Yes they were! Well remembered, and also thanks for bringing to mind a film that I love (but that was not much liked by anyone else)!

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It8hF2Uquj4
      It needs a sequel. TBF though it wasn't on par with Event Horizon. There's another stranded in space film I liked better than either but can't remember the name of it.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Originally posted by AtW
        The humble razor hasn't changed much for hundreds of years
        Is that really true?
        Yes, AtW shaves with a cossack cavalry sword.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          it wasn't on par with Event Horizon
          Urgh! I thought that was an awful film!!

But a Pandorum sequel might be interesting. Would you set it on the new planet?

Since watching Pandorum, I've always fancied getting one of those cool arm tattoos:

Comment

At least do it properly.

Comment

It did sound a pile of nonsense to be honest...

Laser razor kicked off Kickstarter - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                The bladeless razor, made of aluminium, can last for around 50,000 hours, and it runs on a single re-chargeable AAA battery.
                I call bulltulip. Lasers are a lot more power hungry than your typical high power LED, and these typically last tens of minutes even on massive Li-Ion cells .
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Urgh! I thought that was an awful film!!

But a Pandorum sequel might be interesting. Would you set it on the new planet?
                  Would have to I would think. Completely different (sub)genre, however! A sequel with yet another ship stuck in space might feel a little too "been there, done that".

As for Event Horizon, I just wanted to see what was on the other side of that gateway!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                    As for Event Horizon, I just wanted to see what was on the other side of that gateway!
                    Was it Hell IIRC? Disappointing I felt.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X