• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nooooooo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Does Mrs Gonzo look like you?
    Fortunately Mrs Gonzo does not look like me.

But then, I don't look like me.

hhh

Comment

Nothing wrong with X-Factor mate!!! Me and the lads from Rugby regularly sit down with 20 pints each and watch Simon Cowell. Poofter hey?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Mr Cowell has made a fortune out of modifying someone else's ideas. I take my hat off to the bloke - and wish I could do the same thing!

But I don't enjoy watching the show.

I believe that Mr Cowell was making the tea at a record company at the same time I was doing my degree - now which one of us has the most to show for it? (clue - not me)
        Last edited by Gonzo; 7 October 2006, 20:35. Reason: There was a bit more to say

Comment

Anyone see Robin Hood tonight? Bit slow starting but quite good in a tongue-in-cheek family viewing sort of way.

Liked the look of the Torchwood trailer afterwards though. Looking forward to that one.

Comment

My weekend has been saved!

Originally posted by Gonzo
            OK I will give that a try. I have nothing to lose other than the £1.00 of electricty that it will cost. The supplier is sending a new remote for free (I didn't admit that the problem might be my fault), but that is a long time to go without TV.

I will let everyone know tomorrow.
            I thought I would try the remote again before washing it and lo and behold it has started working again - funny how often that doing nothing turns out to be the best course of action. Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I was about to ask if it had melted yet... and had you remembered to remove it from the oven before cooking Sunday lunch?
              If Mrs Gonzo had cooked today then I am not sure that I would have noticed.

I can cook though - Sunday lunch is a piece of pi$$ All you have to do is put the stuff in the oven in the right order. Anyone can manage that surely?

I did think that 12 hours in the oven sounded a bit extreme to dry something out - even at 60 degrees. Thankfully the power of doing nothing won through!

Comment

Working...
              X