• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank goodness for *****

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's easy to stay in a hotel where English is not the main language. Try London.

Saves on the flights, too.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

And Bradford should be even cheaper

hth
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
        It's easy to stay in a hotel where English is not the main language. Try London.

Saves on the flights, too.
        Tried that. Stayed in a hostel when on the run. £10 per night. Asked if there was a car park. Got asked if I had alloys in broken english. When returning to car next morning, I had no wheels chassis was damaged by a crude jack.
        Grrr. Then people wonder why people put anthrax tampax inside the door handle when sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTin
          Not trying to be snobbish, but if I were to spend a few grand for a hotel, I would rather it were in some exotic location rather than next door to a 3-star somewhere in the Med that is used by one or more UK operators. To be honest, you get as many chavs in destinations like Dubai and Barbados than you would in Spain or Portugal.
          Depends where you go, TinTin. If you go to the Algarve you will obviously meet many chavs but that is one very small part of Portugal and the rest is virtually Brit free. What you are doing with your opinon on Euro-destinations is like a foreigner basing an opinion on holidaying in the UK on a documentary about Blackpool.

Comment

Working...
          X