• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Data Theft Scandal (Ch4 Dispatches: 21.00)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoddY
    According to the Beeb, the case collapsed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2626265.stm

See "In Context"
    Actually what's more frightening is that is was nearly 19 years ago!

Comment

Even worse, GP's in Newham, Redbridge and Waltham Forest PCTs are selling confidential patient data to marketing companies (particularly insurance), even though they are breaking DPA regs.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Yes, saw it TinTin. One hopes that it might speed up the relocation of call centres and data processing centres back to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTin
          Saw a preview on Ch4 7 o'clock news earlier on. Loads of authentic customer credit card confidential data (complete cc nos with cvv's etc) that has come from call centres sold openly all over India. Among others, an Indian former bank manager was selling them from his briefcase and another IT monkey was playing tapes of conversations with UK customers whilst giving their credit card details. The UK Bank Association (APACS ?) is in denial but the DPA has hit the roof saying for the 1st time that UK bank directors can be prosecuted and banks can be forced to close Indian call-centres and relocate back to the UK. Amen.
          PS It might speed things up if everyone - for security reasons - refused to talk or co-operate with callers from India. Just a thought.
          One of the interesting things was that a lot of the Credit Card information came from the purchase of Mobile Telephones over a telephone line. Makes me think I'm doubly correct for refusing to undetake sales calls by telephone. If they want to sell me something I want it in writing, send a brochure.

Comment

Working...
          X