• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to our newest member, stupidcontractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" If I'd have gone to university at 18, I'd have 14 years experience. Instead, I went out and got a life as well."

I think you need to count Bob. You completed your degree in 2 years did you. What a hopeless bulltulipter you are!

Comment

He's got a point there Bob. You're not one of those people who include time at school and programming with a ZX81 at home as experience are you?????

I had an agent ask me if I had 5 years experience of Crystal XI the other day. I answered no, only 2 years of XI, but 10 years of Crystal. Too bad he said - the client wanted 5 years and I have two contractors who have it.

"I doubt it" was my reply. "Its only been out two years".
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Fred
        " If I'd have gone to university at 18, I'd have 14 years experience. Instead, I went out and got a life as well."

I think you need to count Bob. You completed your degree in 2 years did you. What a hopeless bulltulipter you are!
        September 1994 - July 1995 = Year 1
        September 1995 - July 1996 = Year 2
        September 1996 - July 1997 = Year 3

My God man, what do they teach kids at school and university these days...
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          He's got a point there Bob. You're not one of those people who include time at school and programming with a ZX81 at home as experience are you?????
          Nope.

1997 - 1999 = Permie job
          1999 - 2000 = Freelance web-coder whilst doing MSc
          2000 - 2003 = Permie jobs
          2003 - Present = Contracting

10 years, right there (well 9.5 but I round up as I said elsewhere).

Comment

"2003 - Present = Contracting"

Oh you're a newbie as well Bob.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              1997 - 1999 = Permie job
              By 1997 I made my first billion and ate all pies in the UK.

threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Fred
                I would have thought education and experience should go hand in hand?

Comment

Oh dear! what a load of bull *****you are all spreading. Get a life - this boys got balls! dont knock him.

Comment

C'mon Cowboy leave the poor boy alone you know he knows best!! He's already spat has dummy out of his pram!!

Anyway with an attitude like that he is in for a long hard fall!!!!!!!

Now kiss and make up

Comment

Originally posted by Pig
                      C'mon Cowboy leave the poor boy alone you know he knows best!! He's already spat has dummy out of his pram!!

Anyway with an attitude like that he is in for a long hard fall!!!!!!!

Now kiss and make up
                      I think it might have been my comment about Accidenture that set him off. I say he deserves to work in that hell-hole if that's where he is. Might teach him a bit of humility...

Comment

Working...
                      X