• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to our newest member, stupidcontractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Ardesco is an anti-Islamic bigot and I claim my five dinars. His weak attempts to defend his blatantly isamophobic position surely condemn him to death.
    I think it's fair to say he is in league with Satan. STONE HIM!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

...so I would say anything much above £7 - £8 / hour would be too much if I were hiring.

Hilarious but true.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Fred
        What sort of rate should I get for BA work albeit with only 1 years experience (I did it on my placement year for Logica)? I think I might be getting ripped off!
        Rate depends on the value of your skills to the client. A highly experienced BA with rare and in demand skills could get £500-600 a day, in your case I think you need to remove a zero.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
          I think it's fair to say he is in league with Satan. STONE HIM!

Oh yes I am a confirmed Satanist and I follow all of his "evil" teachings that "Satan" used to ensnare innocent victims:

* 1. The senses are not the seat of wisdom.
          * 2. The Law of Karma (the effect of our past deeds, whether good or bad) is a reality.
          * 3. The world and the beings in it are realities; not illusions.
          * 4. The spiritual dimension is also real.
          * 5. No one should kill animals.
          * 6. We must endure patiently the life conditons that we cannot change.
          * 7. Do not mortify the body.
          * 8. Always be truthful, sincere, and pure of conduct.
          * 9. Do not steal.
          * 10. Do not be unfaithful to your spouse. Control all earthly desires.

Comment

Depends on what you are happy with. I would say that £150 p/d would be a fair amount for a UNI leaver as a contractor.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              luckily being an Azer the burning part isn't really going to be much of a problem for me

Ardesco, you are a true geek and I salute you.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                Depends on what you are happy with. I would say that £150 p/d would be a fair amount for a UNI leaver as a contractor.
                Oh. We're getting a lot less than that. Not sure what the agency was on. They had an older contactor here before who I know was getting more money. The agency did a 3 for 1 deal when he left I think for the same amount.

Its good experience but I cant help think I could do better elsewhere.

Comment

Can you not ask what the agency cut is, seeing as it was through a personal contact? It's hard to give advice without knowing what the client is paying to get you.

I would suggest that you could do better, but not as a contractor. Your best bet would be to get on some large consultancy's new graduate programme as a permie and get some hard experience. As a contractor with no experience, you will do no better than peanuts. Would I be right in saying that you are really doing documentation rather than real BA work?

Comment

Ardesco, you are a true geek and I salute you.
                    [IMAGE]
                    http://www.msnemotions.org/emoticons...bigo-smile.gif
                    [/IMAGE]

Comment

I started my first contract after working as a dishwasher in a cafe. I just read .net for dummies and now I earn 1000 per day. I have no qualifications apart from a grade 3 CSE in woodwork.

Comment

Working...
                      X