• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NO motivation or interest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Always thinking of ways to help your mother Russia
    No, helping Snow Leopards instead...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      Oh also am not like depressed or anything, I have a really good social network, I go to various events and organise events myself, cultural, sporty, social etc... my life outside work is really great, and really enjoy it... so that's not the reason, I just lost interest in working !
      You've come to realise that computers/IT/whatever isn't cool and exciting, it's as dull as ditchwater.

And time spent doing this is just a complete waste of your life. Pushing a mouse round at a computer whilst winkers dream up new ways to bore you in depressing corporate meeting full of corporate permie clones.

And that the industry you are in is dying in the UK, handed to 3rd world countries on a plate by LibLabCon.

That's probably what it is.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You've come to realise that computers/IT/whatever isn't cool and exciting, it's as dull as dishwater.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Send us an invite to one of those swinging parties you organise
          I live in London, so many events, cultural/ music/ walking/hiking/trips, and many are actually free... I go to about 3 or 4 a week, I actually don't go out just to get drunk, if I had one or two glass of wine a week that would be way more than usual... I just enjoy my life a lot, but feeling so indifferent and unmotivated to go to work... The people I work with at the moment are mostly contractors and actually really nice, even the program manager encourages us to go to the gym at lunch break, and I do ... I only managed to have much free time for gym at lunch break only once before... sooooo what's wrong with me?? why did I lose my motivation/ keenness etc.... the invoice payment makes me happy for like 60 minutes, then its back to indifference !!!

Comment

Get married, once you have a couple of kids you'll be too busy to complain on CUK...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              You've come to realise that computers/IT/whatever isn't cool and exciting, it's as dull as ditchwater.

And time spent doing this is just a complete waste of your life. Pushing a mouse round at a computer whilst winkers dream up new ways to bore you in depressing corporate meeting full of corporate permie clones.

And that the industry you are in is dying in the UK, handed to 3rd world countries on a plate by LibLabCon.

That's probably what it is.

HTH BIDI
              DP: I agree, but I realized this a long time ago when I decided to contract, contracting and invoicing gave me a lot of motivation...I used to make effort to make friends at work, and build a network, now I'd rather not talk to anyone at work, I have my friends outside and I just talk to my friends!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Get married, once you have a couple of kids you'll be too busy to complain on CUK...
                My kids are grown up at uni !!

Comment

Ooops....

Comment

I think you may have just woken up to the futility of life

born work die

so enjoy the bits in the middle and keep the money rolling in

Comment

It's a mid life crisis. Usually strikes 40 to 50 yrs old. Can be lots of fun, but leads to ruin.

A "friend" told me this.

Comment

Working...
                      X