• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Where's the boomed thread lass?
    It's only a 4 month consulting role. I am saving the boomed thread for the year contract on a mega rate. Maybe seen the last of them, but I live in hope.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Always an excuse with this wunch. It was holiday period. Then they had a meeting Tuesday with everyone back from holiday. Decision expected Tuesday. Then it was "looking positive" and with one guy for a final decision.

Agency can't get hold of anyone. No one returning his calls.

It boggles my mind how any human being can be so utterly disrespectful to his fellow man. At the end of the day we're only trying to feed our families.

Why drag it on for months and months?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Today's motivational message:

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_problem

The basic form of the problem is the following: imagine an administrator willing to hire the best secretary out of n rankable applicants for a position. The applicants are interviewed one by one in random order. A decision about each particular applicant is to be made immediately after the interview. Once rejected, an applicant cannot be recalled. During the interview, the administrator can rank the applicant among all applicants interviewed so far, but is unaware of the quality of yet unseen applicants. The question is about the optimal strategy (stopping rule) to maximize the probability of selecting the best applicant.

The problem has an elegant solution. The optimal stopping rule prescribes always rejecting the first n/e applicants after the interview (where e is the base of the natural logarithm) and then stopping at the first applicant who is better than every applicant interviewed so far (or continuing to the last applicant if this never occurs).
          Maybe Suity is always in the first n/e to be interviewed?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            It boggles my mind how any human being can be so utterly disrespectful to his fellow man.
            Yes, you are however an exception innit?

At the end of the day we're only trying to feed our families.
            No. You are shagging and making a bigger family.

And yes, HTH.

Comment

Another step closer.

All the pre-contract paperwork has arrived after a phone call with agency.

PO approved for 6 months and confirmed

Starting date provided to the manager as 5th Oct. Planned the contractors come in next week to sort my new electronic gates

Time to do the fecking paperwork (12 documents) for contract to be prepared

Yorkshire lamb shank cooking in the slow cooker with a Red wine jus

Comment

Finally got an answer. No dice. No project. No role. Wasting my time all along.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

At least you can move on now. Onwards and upwards.

Comment

You can atleast claim mileage from your company for those trips to the dreadful midlands

Is anything left in the company though ?

Comment

Interview at 9:30 this morning for a role I applied on Monday for fun.

Role involves one week in London followed by Remote working and a week later for delivery of design. Medium sized project planning to implement SAP HANA procedures and are looking for some advice.

Let us see if I can make my position stronger on IR35 with the s at HMRC

Comment

Working...
                      X