• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    I doubt it. They have been very selective and careful on whom to place the cuts (£12bn against a spend of £700bn?) and the tax hikes.
    Tax cuts from 2010 election were mainly scheduled to bite after 2015, now Tories added more pretty aggressively, yes and there are lots of tax increases too - Osborne hopes that sheeporate will forget about those by 2020, but that won't happen.

Corbyn will scare those Tory fooks proper good, especially if he wins - that will teach scum like Osborne not to fook over his voters right after the election.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Tax cuts from 2010 election were mainly scheduled to bite after 2015, now Tories added more pretty aggressively, yes and there are lots of tax increases too - Osborne hopes that sheeporate will forget about those by 2020, but that won't happen.
      Don't be retarded. If people knew exactly how much debt we were in, they would collectively cr@p themselves, then rub Corblimeys nose in it

not because he caused it, because he both fails to recognise it and wants to make it worse
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

But the IMF still thinks the UK could do with more debt.

Comment

They are tulip scared because they know that by 2020 the cuts will bite so hard that people would vote for anybody at the helm of Labour party other than those who supported those cuts.

Their only hope if Liebor rigs the election enough to stop Korbyn, which I hope they won't. Time for real shapeup of those MPs there.
          Osborne's master stroke of a £9 minimum wage kicks in a year before hand and he'll have raised the tax threshold to take the majority of low-earners out of income tax.

And you may like it or not, he's going to have squeezed the benefits system, something which is broadly popular with a large cross-section of the population.

Jeremy-Man-Of-The-People has been an MP for 32 years. That's almost half his life. The reason why nobody has heard of him is because he never got anywhere in those 32 years. He never won an argument with his colleagues ( in fact he voted against his own party hundreds of times ). He has never accomplished anything other than holding on to his out-dated, ill-conceived ideas.

He looks like a Geography teacher. Which in a media concious age is not a positive attribute.

Sure he's energised the far left. But they are a small minority. He isn't going to convert the majority of the population to vote for him. Especially not those in the SE.

Comment

Corbyn got a point - why could not a fraction of QE 1, 2, 3 et al go towards some real infrastructure investment - say super high speed broadband, high speed railways, building new roads?

Or building lots of houses even, this could have been nice rent collected by the state for a very long time.

Comment

Corbyn will scare those Tory fooks proper good, especially if he wins - that will teach scum like Osborne not to fook over his voters right after the election.
              Why would an electorate enraged by tax hikes (largely on groups that they know nothing about/don't care about) vote for someone who could inflict potentially higher ones? He may end up alienating Labour voters, who in turn may defect to the Tories, LDs or UKIP. I think you're over-estimating his appeal.

The cuts Gideon is inflicting are minimal. I don't like Gideon, his party or his policies, but I doubt Corbyn is going to pose much of a challenge to the Tories.

Gideon has also stolen Labour's thunder on the "living wage", which in truth I think he has very carefully manoeuvred by promoting apprenticeships and by factoring that this may reduce the welfare entitlements of some, whose income is effectively higher as a result, so as to effectively limit how much damage it does.

Corbyn got a point - why could not a fraction of QE 1, 2, 3 et al go towards some real infrastructure investment - say super high speed broadband, high speed railways, building new roads?

Or building lots of houses even, this could have been nice rent collected by the state for a very long time.
              Or HS2?

The ROI of these sort of government "investments" is dubious, at best, especially when debt or QE-financed. If he wanted to simply fund them out of tax receipts, I still wouldn't like it, but at least I'd have some respect for him.
              Last edited by Zero Liability; 23 August 2015, 19:35.

Comment

Why would an electorate enraged by tax hikes (largely on groups that they know nothing about/don't care about) vote for someone who could inflict potentially higher ones? He may end up alienating Labour voters, who in turn may defect to the Tories, LDs or UKIP. I think you're over-estimating his appeal.
                Labour voters will go for Korbyn, same UKIP and many ex-LibDems.

Also ex-Tory supporters like myself.

Comment

Corblimey might have the odd good point. He may hit the nail on the head , now and then

but I don't want lessons in economics from someone who meets with our sworn enemies and supports them over the lives of our own soldiers. He is not a friend of this country
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Labour voters will go for Korbyn, same UKIP and many ex-LibDems.

Also ex-Tory supporters like myself.
                    Why? I really don't get it.

Comment

The ROI of these sort of government "investments" is dubious, at best, especially when debt or QE-financed. If he wanted to simply fund them out of tax receipts, I still wouldn't like it, but at least I'd have some respect for him.
                      What is the ROI of QE so far??? It's negative because BoE was giving real money in exchange for some corporate BS bonds that would have never been sold on open market for the amount banks got. I'd rather have real working 21st century railways here passengers don't have to bend over and out of window to open the door.

Comment

Working...
                      X