• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Catastrophe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The people that produce it believe, anyone at school/college/uni believes it because it is drummed into them by the leftist media and the tax raising authorities believe in it.
    Oh dear. This is why we are doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      Might be funny if it were true. Though I guess you like it because it includes your favourite canard.
      Like this one?

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past - Environment - The Independent
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Exactly. No scientist used the words attributed to a scientist in the cartoon.

The others that I recognise are similarly flawed, that's probably why no attributions are given. Even the denier cartoons are tulip.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Exactly. No scientist used the words attributed to a scientist in the cartoon.

The others that I recognise are similarly flawed, that's probably why no attributions are given. Even the denier cartoons are tulip.
          deniers ??
          Oh dearie dearie me.

If they had proper arguments, they would not have to resort to name-calling
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            deniers ??
            Oh dearie dearie me.

If they had proper arguments, they would not have to resort to name-calling
            As opposed to BS cartoons?

Pronunciation:*/dɪˈnʌɪə/*
            noun
            A person who denies something, especially someone who refuses to admit the truth of a concept or proposition that is supported by the majority of scientific or historical evidence.
            denier - definition of denier in English from the Oxford dictionary
            Last edited by pjclarke; 31 July 2015, 19:12.

Comment

Viner said that. he has never denied saying it

you ask anyone on this forum
              we were all told the planet was warming, the ice would melt and we would be growing coconuts and palm trees in Doncaster.
              we were told the polar bears and the coral reefs would all die and we were told to expect a billion refugees due to global swarming.
              we were told that wind and solar were free and that water would be by request only.
              we were told that the Himalayan glaciers would be gone in twenty years and that anyone who doubted was practicing 'VooDoo Science'

except we weren't.

we were right all along and in the meantime

arctic ice is up
              Antarctic ice is up
              Polar bears are up
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Viner said that. he has never denied saying it

you ask anyone on this forum
                we were all told the planet was warming, the ice would melt and we would be growing coconuts and palm trees in Doncaster.
                we were told the polar bears and the coral reefs would all die and we were told to expect a billion refugees due to global swarming.
                we were told that wind and solar were free and that water would be by request only.
                we were told that the Himalayan glaciers would be gone in twenty years and that anyone who doubted was practicing 'VooDoo Science'

except we weren't.

we were right all along and in the meantime

arctic ice is up
                Antarctic ice is up
                Polar bears are up
                Yup meanwhile Power corporations and rich landowners full their boots with money from the proles.

So its not all bad news for everyone.

Comment

Never heard of quote-mining? We don't need to ask the forum, it is there in black and white. No scientist used the words attributed to scientists in the cartoon. No scientist said 'Snowfalls are a thing of the past', which would have been completely at odds with the science then and now. What Dr Viner did say - assuming you believe the writer of this piece of filler who was off his usual beat as a business journalist - was that, at some unspecified future date snowfall would become a rare event.

And so a myth was born. You seem to collect them.

Comment

Never heard of quote-mining? We don't need to ask the forum, it is there in black and white. No scientist used the words attributed to scientists in the cartoon. No scientist said 'Snowfalls are a thing of the past', which would have been completely at odds with the science then and now. What Dr Viner did say - assuming you believe the writer of this piece of filler who was off his usual beat as a business journalist - was that, at some unspecified future date snowfall would become a rare event.

And so a myth was born. You seem to collect them.
                    don't you have a y-axis you should be out abusing, instead of bothering us here ?
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Good idea, looks like 2015 is going to be a hot one ...

Comment

Working...
                      X