• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Catastrophe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    When he says source, he doesn't really mean source.
    He means readily identifiable link that has already been ad-homm attacked by his go-to site of dogma.

Sorry for interpreting his posts, but as a dogmatic he is incapable of forming an argument of his own and incapable of using language correctly.
    e.g. subsidy
    e.g. carbon

but to be fair, he is the pipeline. the sewer rather than the sewage
    Some people use carbon rather than carbon dioxide as a metric. The fraction of carbon in carbon dioxide is the ratio of their weights. The atomic weight of carbon is 12 atomic mass units, while the weight of carbon dioxide is 44, because it includes two oxygen atoms that each weigh 16. So, to switch from one to the other, use the formula:*One ton of carbon equals 44/12 = 11/3 = 3.67 tons of carbon dioxide. Thus 11 tons of carbon dioxide equals 3 tons of carbon, and a price of $30 per ton of carbon dioxide equals a price of $110 per ton of carbon.
    From <http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2008/03/25/202471/the-biggest-source-of-mistakes-c-vs-co2/>

HTH, but as a simple request for a link gets you so hot under the collar, I doubt it.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

just get the language right pj.
      carbon is not carbon dioxide

and a statistical construct is not a subsidy.
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        Source?
        Mate of mine in the pub
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          just get the language right pj.
          carbon is not carbon dioxide

and a statistical construct is not a subsidy.
          Burning fossil fuels produces CO2 by the oxidation of hydrocarbons, the post was about the phytoplankton removing CO2 from the atmosphere - they do this by the production of carbohydrates from CO2 (plus lipids and proteins), which in theory get taken to the deep ocean. In both processes carbon is the common factor, thus you can talk either about C or CO2 removal, certainly the usual term is 'carbon sequestration'.

Even economists differ about the definition of a subsidy, so it is important to define one's terms. I did.
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Burning fossil fuels produces CO2 by the oxidation of hydrocarbons, the post was about the phytoplankton removing CO2 from the atmosphere - they do this by the production of carbohydrates from CO2 (plus lipids and proteins), which in theory get taken to the deep ocean. In both processes carbon is the common factor, thus you can talk either about C or CO2 removal, certainly the usual term is 'carbon sequestration'.

Even economists differ about the definition of a subsidy, so it is important to define one's terms. I did.
            Bully for you. How do people put up with your smug controlling manner?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              How do people put up with your smug controlling manner?
              This from an agent!?!?
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

I get it. you do it because they do it

you are indeed a dedicated follower of fashion.
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  This from an agent!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    This from an agent!?!?
                    Good agents get the beers in.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Good agents get the beers in.
                      I'm tulip

Comment

Working...
                      X