• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear (tm): Generation rent: the housing ladder starts to collapse for the under-40

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Your analogy is a bit too close for the truth for my liking
    ftfy

That is the problem with whining needy losers like you. You expect to breeze through life foregoing nothing, completely unprepared to make the sacrifices and compromises that previous generations made to get themselves started. I expect that the whole notion of secondhand furniture and quiet nights in eating basic meals whilst feverishly saving to make the first step are completely alien to you.
    Then when the harsh realisation dawns upon you that there is no gain without pain, you hold up your arms and look around for someone else to blame for the inescapable fact that you are not made of the right stuff.

Aww diddums. Get used to renting, it looks like you are cut out for it for life unless you have a major change in perspective!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I cant be assed
      A suitable epitaph for you.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Bloody Hell!

I thought I'd logged onto housepricecrash.co.uk by mistake from the amount of entitlement mentality whining I have just read...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          ftfy

That is the problem with whining needy losers like you. You expect to breeze through life foregoing nothing, completely unprepared to make the sacrifices and compromises that previous generations made to get themselves started. I expect that the whole notion of secondhand furniture and quiet nights in eating basic meals whilst feverishly saving to make the first step are completely alien to you.
          Then when the harsh realisation dawns upon you that there is no gain without pain, you hold up your arms and look around for someone else to blame for the inescapable fact that you are not made of the right stuff.

Aww diddums. Get used to renting, it looks like you are cut out for it for life unless you have a major change in perspective!

U mad bro?

A suitable epitaph for you.

U mad bro?

I don't rent. I am presently watching my kids struggle to save for a deposit and doing all those things their dad did which you mentioned above. The struggle is getting worse by the year, not the generation

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
          Bloody Hell!

I thought I'd logged onto housepricecrash.co.uk by mistake from the amount of entitlement mentality whining I have just read...

Back in the drawer with you.

Comment

I don't rent. I am presently watching my kids struggle to save for a deposit and doing all those things their dad did which you mentioned above. The struggle is getting worse by the year, not the generation
            Your kids can always move to somewhere like Wales where there are lots of jobs.......

Then again you can tell them to stop spending money on smartphones, TVs, laptops, the internet and other expensive things like that....

Sorry I feel when certain people talk they don't know what people do to save their deposit and just presume things. All of the younger people I know have had to get jobs paying well over the national average let alone regional average so they could buy somewhere.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Your kids can always move to somewhere like Wales where there are lots of jobs.......

Then again you can tell them to stop spending money on smartphones, TVs, laptops, the internet and other expensive things like that....

Sorry I feel when certain people talk they don't know what people do to save their deposit and just presume things. All of the younger people I know have had to get jobs paying well over the national average let alone regional average so they could buy somewhere.
              Exactly this.

I don't see anyone in this thread being 'entitled'. Just some views that state the obvious; Banks don't lend even though we've had round after round of QE. Deposits are high and the conditions too stringent, runaway house inflation for decades, too few houses, too many people owning too many houses, high rents, no controls and little or no protection for renters esp the most vulnerable. All of those things are in the gift of the government to fix and NL and Tories alike don't give a stuff.

Social housing had to be the norm after the second world war. It's just that no government since then has had a single credible idea of how to wean the population off it's smack. You cannot blame low earners for that but you can blame the rest of the system for making it worse over the last 70 years.

Comment

If the "smack" you refer to is mass home ownership that drives house price inflation then there's no cure for it. Mrs T's government in the '80's got the country firmly addicted by selling off millions of houses for buttons to a social group that had no real aspirations towards property ownership.
                Once that smack supply was exhausted a very sizeable percentage had been re-sold for a chunky profit and the runaway train was on the endless downhill track with millions more passengers.

Any large scale realignment of house prices would only come about as a result of a massive financial disaster and with the quantity of leverage against property a realignment would cause utter mayhem.

Comment

So you don't see anything inherently wrong with producing children before you own a home to raise them in then?

I don't. Neither do half the French and two-thirds of the Germans.

Comment

BTL landlords will get mega stuffed in my lifetime and will be crying into their mortgage once again as they did not so long ago when most were in negative equity.
                    Yep [emoji106] it's going to be fcuking epic [emoji133]
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      I don't. Neither do half the French and two-thirds of the Germans.
                      Brilliant. Well fook off and live in France or Germany then.

Comment

Working...
                      X