• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGK
    Went for an interview yesterday for a permie job at a large high street bank working in the data center. Today they offered me the job. On the application form I said that I didn't have any CCJ's or adverse credit history as I thought I was clean as a whistle. Anyway to cut a long strory short my Mrs thinks I got a CCJ about 3 years ago, I also bounced a couple of CC payments this year. The interviewer said that HR would do a credit check.

Questions: If I have a CCJ or adverse credit, will this really affect my offer of employment? what does it matter if I once paid the milkman two weeks late?
    Is the Americanism center now an acceptable spelling ?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've got a CCJ from Severn Trent Water in 2002. I only just found out about it when I requested my Equifax credit profile.

I did actually pay the bill in question (and have requested a copy of the cheque to prove it) but they don't have any data going back that far apparently so they can't do anything about it as it was farmed out to Northampton bulk CCJ inssue service!

That's how much this country sucks.

Not everyone knows they have a CCJ!
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
        If I have a CCJ or adverse credit, will this really affect my offer of employment?
        Almost certainly. My (OK, the agencys) client (financial services) recently shortlisted about 40 grads for a new team they are setting up. I heard anecdotally that about 20% failed the credit check, and had their offers withdrawn.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
        X