• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividends beyond £5k taxed wef 2016!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Have you ever tried to have a conversation/get anything done at Barclays fraud centre? Give it a try and then come back and say they/their processes are not stupid.
    Yep, that's why I ditched my Barclaycard, I urge you to do the same. The level of stupidity there is astounding and the funny thing was, my card was fraudulently used in India up to the £10K limit whilst I was in the UK. I wonder how that happened?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      my card was fraudulently used in India up to the £10K limit whilst I was in the UK. I wonder how that happened?
      Is it because of your split personality?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        there is a difference between those they employ and the ones that sell the service.
        You miss the point entirely.

It is not the fools that read the script at fault, it is the bigger fools that design and implement processes and write the script who are at fault. The guy at the end of the telephone usually hangs up as soon as the conversation gets out of script because they have nowhere to go with it and they cannot make a decision or think for themsleves.

They tell blatant lies like 'we cannot make outgoing calls', then 5 mins into the call say 'we'll call you back'. The point is they are only doing as they are told and I doubt anyone at Barclays UK has a clue what their processes look like because they have been outsourced lock, stock and barrel.

Comment

Yep, that's why I ditched my Barclaycard, I urge you to do the same. The level of stupidity there is astounding and the funny thing was, my card was fraudulently used in India up to the £10K limit whilst I was in the UK. I wonder how that happened?

Not Barclaycard, Barclays Bank.

Comment

Not Barclaycard, Barclays Bank.
            Looks like avoid anything beginning with Barclay.

Controversies

4.1 Involvement with South Africa under apartheid
            4.2 Financial support for the government in Zimbabwe
            4.3 Accusations of money laundering
            4.4 Senior management bonuses
            4.5 Tax avoidance
            4.5.1 2012 tax repayment
            4.6 Conflicts of interest
            4.7 Customer satisfaction
            4.8 Rate-fixing scandal
            4.9 Staff diversity
            4.10 Qatari capital raising regulatory investigations
            4.11 US electricity market manipulation
            4.12 Gold price manipulation
            4.13 US lawsuit alleging dark pool fraud

Comment

Looks like avoid anything beginning with Barclay.
              To be fair Barclays Merchant services are very good - that's credit/debit card processing people.

Everything on your list is par for the course in the banking industry.

Lloyds were tulipe that cost us money (lots).

Comment

Talk about off topic

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                  Talk about off topic
                  +1

I don't give a tulip about Barclays. Can we get back on topic peeps.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    +1

I don't give a tulip about Barclays. Can we get back on topic peeps.
                    18 page threads often go ot then they have run their course.

Given there will be a new tax and most will have to pay around 2k more pa, there is little opportunity to mitigate it, so live with it or get out.

IMO people should be more worried about IR35 Mk IV and expenses legislation than this.

Until the up the basic dividend tax rate to 20% of course.

Comment

18 page threads often go ot then they have run their course.

Given there will be a new tax and most will have to pay around 2k more pa, there is little opportunity to mitigate it, so live with it or get out.

IMO people should be more worried about IR35 Mk IV and expenses legislation than this.

Until the up the basic dividend tax rate to 20% of course.
                      IR35 version X, travel expenses and the ICT/work permit bonanza are far more damaging and are likely to kill contracting pretty soon. The div tax thing is no different from having the tax bands moved, usual first budget stuff. Who cares about that? Not me.

Comment

Working...
                      X