• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone who hasn't got a BTL get one!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who hasn't got a BTL get one!

Trying to find a suitable house to rent as need a bigger one, and my god it is a pain in the arse! Last viewing there was 5 people booked in for the same 15 minute slot, office was closed and couldn't put in an application until 9am Monday morning. Cheated and emailed as I left the viewing on Saturday afternoon and still didn't get it quick enough!

Advert went up yesterday on a place I like, got a viewing on Friday, ring them up speculativly today to see if we can put the application in without seeing the inside (very good photos on the website) and someone is there now already! Fired off an application form (as I am currently renting through the same agency hoping to bypass the system).

I knew there was a housing shortage in the south east, but didn't know it was like this in the rest of the UK!

My BTL is rented out to my ex and the kids, so never had to deal with vying tenants & agents etc. but it has been a real eye opener on the whole process and how desperate some people are to rent a decent house
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I moved house a month ago and the old one will be offered as a rental in about a week. A friend came to look at it, but it was too small for his family and he told me he viewed another the week before and was one of 26 that turned up on the day, queueing on the pavement for 2 hours just to view it.

Incredible.

Comment

The reason their is a housing shortage is because of the "Buy to Let" situation.
      Young couples who are trying to buy their first home are having to compete with foreign property investors and pension rich baby boomers who are inflating housing crisis.

Comment

And just to state the bleeding obvious, if I hadn't gone contracting back in 2007, I'd either be renting still, or paying a mortgage on some tiny horrible modern home. As it is, mortgage will be paid off this year.

It's a sad state of affairs when you need to be earning so much, just to buy a half decent semi-detatched house say. :/
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Trying to find a suitable house to rent as need a bigger one, and my god it is a pain in the arse! Last viewing there was 5 people booked in for the same 15 minute slot, office was closed and couldn't put in an application until 9am Monday morning. Cheated and emailed as I left the viewing on Saturday afternoon and still didn't get it quick enough!

Advert went up yesterday on a place I like, got a viewing on Friday, ring them up speculativly today to see if we can put the application in without seeing the inside (very good photos on the website) and someone is there now already! Fired off an application form (as I am currently renting through the same agency hoping to bypass the system).

I knew there was a housing shortage in the south east, but didn't know it was like this in the rest of the UK!

My BTL is rented out to my ex and the kids, so never had to deal with vying tenants & agents etc. but it has been a real eye opener on the whole process and how desperate some people are to rent a decent house
          Whereabouts are you looking for a rental property? Yorkshire?

Comment

Another factor strongly driving BTL is the non existance of / collapse of the pensions industry.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
              The reason their is a housing shortage is because of the "Buy to Let" situation.
              Young couples who are trying to buy their first home are having to compete with foreign property investors and pension rich baby boomers who are inflating housing crisis.
              Diddums.

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
                Whereabouts are you looking for a rental property? Yorkshire?
                Yep, West Yorkshire

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Yep, West Yorkshire
                  Can't you move in with your Cousins, Aunts, Brother, their parents and their grandparents and their 30 children just like everyone else who lives in Yorkshire.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Can't you move in with your Cousins, Aunts, Brother, their parents and their grandparents and their 30 children just like everyone else who lives in Yorkshire.
                    No room for the whippets

Comment

Working...
                    X