• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for the UK to have a new capital?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixman View Post
    The SNP, got much more power than they deserve through shrill nationalism and a trick of the electoral system, are calmly committing political suicide by peeing off every person they possibly can, for no gain. This is not smart. Clapping in the commons, stealing the beast of Bolsover's seat, and now sneering at the (very popular) head of state. Petty.
    What trick was that then ? The one where they polled more votes than any of their opposition in 96% of the seats they stood in ? The sneaky, underhand bastards !!
    Last edited by TestMangler; 24 June 2015, 15:05.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I thought The Queen flitted between Windsor and Balmoral and hardly ever bothered with Buck House.
      She will always need Buck Pal, if only just for the hosting she does there, you would be suprised how many people still get a kick out of being invited to a garden party
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        What trick was that then ? The one where they polled more votes than any of their opposition in 96% of the seats they stood in ? The sneaky, underhand bastards !!
        They get 4.7% of the votes but 8.6% of the seats. And behave as if they got 51% of the votes/seats.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          They get 4.7% of the votes but 8.6% of the seats. And behave as if they got 51% of the votes/seats.
          They got 51% of the votes in Scotland you tit. They don't stand in England. The tories have a majority government with less than 40% of the vote.

Comment

Not wanting to derail this into yet another Jockland thread, SNP are either a regional party to Scotland, or a National Party of the interests of the UK.

PC, SF, DUP, SDLP are in the same boat, they are regional parties but at least they know their place

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Not wanting to derail this into yet another Jockland thread, SNP are either a regional party to Scotland, or a National Party of the interests of the UK.

PC, SF, DUP, SDLP are in the same boat, they are regional parties but at least they know their place
              Of course they are, but in a 'region' with 59 seats up for grabs, which they won 56 of.

Comment

Of course they are, but in a 'region' with 59 seats up for grabs, which they won 56 of.
                What would happen in Labour said they won "96% of the seats in the north" or Tories won "96% of seats in the South East", absolutly nothing as it was a national election, so the SNP won "15% of seats" and as such have to realise they are part of the UK Parliment, and should behave like they are, or do what SF do an abstain from taking their seats if they don't beileve in what it stands for.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  What would happen in Labour said they won "96% of the seats in the north" or Tories won "96% of seats in the South East", absolutly nothing as it was a national election, so the SNP won "15% of seats" and as such have to realise they are part of the UK Parliment, and should behave like they are, or do what SF do an abstain from taking their seats if they don't beileve in what it stands for.
                  What if Labour or the Tories said the won 96% of the seats they stood in ?

The point I'm making is they did not get seats by 'some trick of the electoral system' they got them by winning more votes than their opposition in 96% of the seats they stood in. That is, strangely enough, how you win seats.

Comment

What if Labour or the Tories said the won 96% of the seats they stood in ?

The point I'm making is they did not get seats by 'some trick of the electoral system' they got them by winning more votes than their opposition in 96% of the seats they stood in. That is, strangely enough, how you win seats.
                    I never said it was a trick (that was BP), I was questioning the 96% claim, and said they should behave like grown ups not little brats spoiling for a fight against the establishment.

How many Tory or Labour candidates stood in constituencies they had zero chance of winning but still paid their fee because they are a national party, how my SNP candidates could say the same, sometimes it's not the fights you win, in the fights you are just simply in.

Comment

They got 51% of the votes in Scotland you tit. They don't stand in England. The tories have a majority government with less than 40% of the vote.
                      Not round here they don't. Here near Witney they have a majority government with 60% of the vote and won 100% of the seats they entered. (Actually I'm surprised it wasn't more than 60%. Cameron must be slipping.)
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X