• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear : new labour conference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slight correction Mr E...

"Its easy to be generous when you have a vast fortune"

should be:

"Its easy for them to be generous with other peoples money when they have a vast fortune"
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Let's be fair here - there are people who are dieing from starvation: of course in principle it is their fault, but it seems rather humane for very rich countries to do something to at least prevent them from dieing from hunger, AIDS, maybe even war. Instead the West gets into stupid was in Iraq that so far cost far more than it would have cost to get food for all starving people, find cure from cancer, AIDS and probably even enough left to bribe CUK Admin to allow inlined images.

Comment

Bit like Russia spending millions on weapons and ruining their economy, selling nuclear weapons technology to the highest bidder, Afghanistan, Chechnya... rather than solve their homeless problems / alcoholism / starvation...

I take it is the moral imperatives you mentioned - 'the west' being so evil - that meant you left home, travelled thousands of miles, and now live here, Alexei...?
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

People deserve the Govt that they have.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            People deserve the Govt that they have.
            No one, and I mean no one, deserves the New Lie.

Comment

Apart from getting this country into serious debt I don't think NL is that bad: Conservatives would have probably done similar things. Almost all politicians are scum, they just happen to have made a choice (which party) at some point and had to stick by it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Apart from getting this country into serious debt I don't think NL is that bad: Conservatives would have probably done similar things.

"Apart from getting this country into serious debt I don't think NL is that bad"

Beggars belief....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...15/ixcoms.html

"
                In 1997 household debt stood at £500bn...now it's £1,158bn
                By Edmund Conway, Economics Editor

(Filed: 15/02/2006)

Gordon Brown is now spending most of his time out of the Treasury, laying the ground for his ascension to the top spot. But while he is keen to talk up government initiatives on a range of topics from security to being British, it is his economic legacy on which he will be judged.

advertisementAsk City experts to list what he will leave behind as Chancellor and the answers are likely to be the same.

His greatest achievement? The decision in 1997 to grant the Bank of England independence to set interest rates. This radical move meant the Government could no longer use monetary policy to its political advantage, and laid the foundation for low inflation and interest rates.

His worst legacy? The massive debt mountain threatening economic growth.

This comes in two flavours: the huge government deficits generated since 1997 and - more worrying still - the record levels of personal debt facing families.

It emerged this week that the amount families have borrowed has now overtaken the size of the country's entire economic output. At £1,158billion, the debt mountain was £30billion bigger than Britain's gross domestic product and, unlike the economy, shows little sign of slowing.
                "
                (continued)
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

It would be so good if after everything Brown didn't get the top job. Won't happen though.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Do you think house prices would not have risen under Convervatives? Any politician would love to be under such situation, the only difference it would have been with Cons is, probably, less stealth taxes, not so sure about that - rip off fuel duty for example is not invention of New Labour.

They are all scum, that's my point - maybe some less than others.

Comment

"Do you think house prices would not have risen under Convervatives? "

Yes! Stealth taxes, spin and the massive creation of non jobs to produce a false economy is what this shower will be remebered for. Oh and a war which was entered into on the back of lies and a thesis nkicked off the internet.

In years to come they will be hated due to the massive amounts of cash Brown has ferreted away in his dodgy PFI deals.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X