• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This migrant thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    My missus is teaching a few Libyan kids (among other nationalities) GCSE science at the mo. They barely know enough English to be able to ask to go to the loo, but this morning she's doing her utmost to teach them the concepts of enzymes. Surely intensive English Language lessons should be the first educational step for the people who wind up here?
    Don't worry, they will soon be speaking English just as badly as the rest of us.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      When will the aircraft carrier be ready? i understand that it is already obsolete so it could be commissioned as a migrant carrier to help the 500,000 migrants waiting in Libyan ports
      I thought we had an aircraft carrier that we share with the French? We take off and land on the left, they do the same on the right. Simples!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I thought we had an aircraft carrier that we share with the French? We take off and land on the left, they do the same on the right. Simples!
        Except that you need to take off and land into the wind so someone is going to have a big repair bill.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Except that you need to take off and land into the wind so someone is going to have a big repair bill.
          We can take the money out of the money we saved on not getting our own carrier! Simples!

I really should be in charge of the MOD...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            We can take the money out of the money we saved on not getting our own carrier! Simples!

I really should be in charge of the MOD...
            Given we won't have any ac jets ready for years, it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              True.

The septics can't make the feckers work.

Remind me, why did Call Me Dave & the clown next door get rid of the Harriers?

Isn't it funny, the current bunch of feckwhits are only slightly lesser feckwhits than the bunch of extreme feckwhits who lost the election.

Doomed, I tell ye, dooooooomed.
              Since the 1970's, you could not get a cigarette paper between any politician of the mainstream parties. They are all variations on the same self interested theme.

As for the MOD, you could get rid of a layer as thick as the Jurassic coast in Dorset and STILL achieve the same result. Same for the NHS, Central Government, the Civil Service and local government. There you have all the savings you need to deliver a budget surplus and end austerity for all time.

What happened to the Big Society?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                True.

The septics can't make the feckers work.

Remind me, why did Call Me Dave & the clown next door get rid of the Harriers?

Isn't it funny, the current bunch of feckwhits are only slightly lesser feckwhits than the bunch of extreme feckwhits who lost the election.

Doomed, I tell ye, dooooooomed.
                Don't blame me.

I voted UKIP.

Comment

Working...
                X