• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is sub standard modding killing this board?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    A 7 day ban ?
    SY01 has been taking some abuse over the past couple of weeks. Some of it deserved granted but maybe the lad has just had enough of the "directional banter" and replied.
    +1

It seems he really actually is a victim, and the modding does seem biased against him.

Perhaps Suity has a point

Comment

Originally posted by CourtesyFlush View Post
      +1

It seems he really actually is a victim, and the modding does seem biased against him.

Perhaps Suity has a point
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Posting while banned should result in doubling the original ban.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Posting while banned should result in doubling the original ban.
          Yes kick a man while he's down. Very grown up. Given the standard of modding on here I think you will get your wish.

Comment

Originally posted by CorporalJones View Post
            Yes kick a man while he's down. Very grown up. Given the standard of modding on here I think you will get your wish.

Triple it.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              A 7 day ban ?
              SY01 has been taking some abuse over the past couple of weeks. Some of it deserved granted but maybe the lad has just had enough of the "directional banter" and replied.
              If you are going to reply like he did then you should be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions.

Or just use a sockie and bleat about how unfair life is.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

How many sockies has he got?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  If you are going to reply like he did then you should be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions.

Or just use a sockie and bleat about how unfair life is.
                  The consequences of sticking up for someone that is ritually bullied and hounded off the boards under the watchful eye of the ineffectual mods?

I think the only consequences would be garnering respect.

Comment

It's not kicking a man while he's down, Suity, it's about accepting your punishment like a grown up or choosing to whine about it.

In the short time since you were banned, you've used two different sockie accounts to post about how unfair it all is. Which kind of defeats the object of banning you in the first place. It's not about kicking a man when he's down, it's about the concept of having a punishment in place which is actually a punishment rather than something that you obviously choose not to respect.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by CourtesyFlush View Post
                      The consequences of sticking up for someone that is ritually bullied and hounded off the boards under the watchful eye of the ineffectual mods?

I think the only consequences would be garnering respect.
                      No, the consequence of not accepting that you were banned by a moderator and accepting that.

If it were down to me I'd have banned your two sockies and by now trebled your original ban. It's about accepting responsibility for your own actions rather than blaming everyone else.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X