• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any CAD Technicians here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmaz View Post
    Hi guys

There seems to be mostly IT contractors here, just wondering if there are any contract CAD Tech's on here? I work contract for a company, and recently due to an injury working from home for them. It got me wondering, it would be great to work from home full time, working for various companies around the country remotely. Just wondering if there are any other CAD Tech's on here that do this?

Thanks in advance
    I assume you have many years of specific UK knowledge... IMHO you have to use that and your long list of personal contacts if you want to live the dream and work from home. If your job can be outsourced and done well in some overseas sweat shop, you are out of a job.

You will need to convince your potential end clients that you have done the work before and you can coordinate with other parties involved as the job progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
      I assume you have many years of specific UK knowledge... IMHO you have to use that and your long list of personal contacts if you want to live the dream and work from home. If your job can be outsourced and done well in some overseas sweat shop, you are out of a job.

You will need to convince your potential end clients that you have done the work before and you can coordinate with other parties involved as the job progresses.
      I honestly don't see what the problem is with me asking my question on here? Along with my research elsewhere, why can I not ask on forums to ask if there are other people doing what I am looking to do, to have a chat about it? Who said that I am not using personal contacts and UK knowledge as well? Why have you guys got a problem? This is a Contractor forum, and I am asking for advice from other contractors.....

Comment

I honestly don't see what the problem is with me asking my question on here? Along with my research elsewhere, why can I not ask on forums to ask if there are other people doing what I am looking to do, to have a chat about it? Who said that I am not using personal contacts and UK knowledge as well? Why have you guys got a problem? This is a Contractor forum, and I am asking for advice from other contractors.....
        I WFH, but not with CAD.

Do you have any WFH non-CAD questions ?
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I WFH, but not with CAD.

Do you have any WFH non-CAD questions ?
          If I do, then you will be the first I will ask mate, thank you

Comment

If I do, then you will be the first I will ask mate, thank you
            You work on PCB's don't you ?
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              You work on PCB's don't you ?
              Not sure what a PCB is?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                Here's a constructive suggestion, don't type lol at the end of sentences, it makes you appear to be a juvenile moron. While that may well be true, why advertise it?
                You not got some CTR+ALT+DEL work to do?

Comment

Here's a constructive suggestion, don't type lol at the end of sentences, it makes you appear to be a juvenile moron. While that may well be true, why advertise it?

Very constructive , "lol"
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Agreed, it is much better to type it out in full, "Lots of love".
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                      Agreed, it is much better to type it out in full, "Lots of love".
                      Hehe, yup, that's what I meant it to say peace out man

Comment

Working...
                      X