• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Financial(No Fee) vs Contractor Mortgage Made Easy (Fee)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farazfastian View Post
    Both of them suggested same lander with the exact same products which are Halifax and Scottish widows and it's based on day rate.

Thats why I'm inclined to no fee broker.

Thanks
    Faraz
    Do you have limited company trading accounts?

Halifax and Scottish Widows are run as two separate lenders entirely, by the way, with different products.

Comment

No I don't, my company is hardly 3 months old. Yes I meant lenders with same products offered by both brokers.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Farazfastian,

Would you mind dropping me a PM with your full name so that I can look into this for you? At face value it concerns me that you've been recommended Halifax with a three month gap as, without a good (in their eyes) reason, they will not lend based on day rate if you have had more than a 6wk gap in the last 12 months?

Thanks

Comment

But why should i go to a fee based broker if they're both doing the same job?
          My credit history and profile is good, my current contract is for more than 3 months, only issue is that i just had 3 months gap in last 6 months. Is there a reason to go to a fee based broker?
          Free brokers usually recommend the products where they get commission. Whereas the fee based brokers would recommend pretty much everything that is available through brokers. If the provider offers commission to the brokers, then you can ask the brokers to reduce the fees.

I say this as my experience in general, and there must be exceptions. Always remember, if you pay someone, they work for you; if it is free, they work for someone else.

Comment

I understand but is it not also waste of time and money of free brokers if my case is not successful? Why they would proceed with my case if there's a chance of failure? They still have to earn their money from lender.

My reason for gap was bereavement which I told to both and they both confirmed that lender has agreed to accept it because of my profile and especial reason.

Thanks,
            Faraz

Comment

I used CMME, 2 years ago, and I've got nothing but praise for them. I tend to feel more comfortable paying for services but that's just me.

Comment

I understand but is it not also waste of time and money of free brokers if my case is not successful? Why they would proceed with my case if there's a chance of failure? They still have to earn their money from lender.

My reason for gap was bereavement which I told to both and they both confirmed that lender has agreed to accept it because of my profile and especial reason.

Thanks,
                Faraz
                I can only speak for us, but if your application weren't successful, you'd get the fee back, so there isn't really a risk of losing it. Similarly, fee free brokers don't get paid unless your mortgage completes, so you'd think they would be confident, however that is not necessarily an indication that there will be no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
                  I used CMME, 2 years ago, and I've got nothing but praise for them. I tend to feel more comfortable paying for services but that's just me.
                  Indeed my client pays me for my services so I have no issues with doing the same. Remember nothing in life is free

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    Indeed my client pays me for my services so I have no issues with doing the same. Remember nothing in life is free
                    Never say that in Scotland. The spongers had everything free so far.

Comment

Well that's the thing both are getting paid but CMME is getting paid twice both lender and me.
                      I'm happy to pay if if i know CMME is doing something different than CF.
                      both saying that we've got agreement with Halifax on my case by talking to underwriter directly and there's no reason why your application should be rejected.

BUT I'm confused now

Thanks,
                      Faraz

Comment

Working...
                      X