• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT copper wire vs Virgin Media too good to be true 150MB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    It's worth checking twitter/Neighbours to see if they have any complaints.
    Yes, ask Harold if he can download tuba music quickly.

Comment

We have been on virgin fibre for the last 5 years, I don’t know the spec but we have never had down time & downloading works fine.
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your answers. Been clearing out the loft, so only managed to get back on the forum!

I guess there's no straightforward answer as everyone has different experiences. I decided to go for Virgin, 150 Mb download. They re-assured me that I have 28 days to cancel from the day of installation with no charge, so will trial it for that period.

Got a failover modem, so will use 3G as my failover in case the tulip hits the fan.

Thanks again.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
        X