• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still at Stansted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Just did my online checkin for my HermanVings flight in 6hrs time, and on the boarding pass it ALREADY tells me the gate number.

I checked Tosserairs pass and no such info.

Perhaps I don't hate HermanVings as much as I thought I did.

Make sure the gate doesn't change though! Don't head out on the little train until it's absolutely confirmed!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Make sure the gate doesn't change though! Don't head out on the little train until it's absolutely confirmed!
      Roger that big P!
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Just did my online checkin for my HermanVings flight in 6hrs time, and on the boarding pass it ALREADY tells me the gate number.

I checked Tosserairs pass and no such info.

Perhaps I don't hate HermanVings as much as I thought I did.
        6 hours in the airport bar is going to be expensive, or are you planning on breaking it up with a cheeky all day breakfast ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          6 hours in the airport bar is going to be expensive, or are you planning on breaking it up with a cheeky all day breakfast ?
          Dude I managed to get a remote session to work so I am ackchewally working.

I've reported many times that the office is like a 3 ring circus and this affects productivity but no one listens.

In a busy noisy airport coffee shop productivity has trebled, I am kicking so much ass today it hurts.

Edit : So should I knock off early, charge for the full day and go and get some champagne?

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
            Judging by the sample on this forum, the Germans seems to be mopping up all our muppet contractors.
            What must their IT people be like, if they're that desperate?
            UK fastest growing export is.....stupidity.

I guess this is what happens when every UK client has sampled your ism. Sad reflection on UK skills.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              UK fastest growing export is.....stupidity.

I guess this is what happens when every UK client has sampled your ism. Sad reflection on UK skills.
              Just looking at your location and thinking how apt.

Comment

Dude I managed to get a remote session to work so I am ackchewally working.
                If you can work remotely, why do you bust a gut to get an early morning flight?

I'd be on the lunchtime one from Gatwick with easyjet and take things easier. Plus you know where that one flies from.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  If you can work remotely, why do you bust a gut to get an early morning flight?

I'd be on the lunchtime one from Gatwick with easyjet and take things easier. Plus you know where that one flies from.
                  Oooh ooh I know that answer to that one

There is one remote access RSA key, shared by the whole consultancy. So it is by shear luck that I was able to get remote access as the other regular consultant is in Bonn this week.

Plus I really genuinely need to be on site micromanaging the client. One day won't matter as I am catching up on some analysis but if I had been there today I would be in meetings and making demands for stuff.

Comment

Buy an old car and park it at Dortmund airport in Parking 4 (IIRC), and drive to Köln.

Or look at BA or Lufthansa from Heathrow or City, with 2 weeks advance booking their prices can be as low as the budget airlines'.

(info from 5 years ago, may have all changed).

Or take Eurostar. Not cheap but very very much more comfortable. Yes I know you have to get to London but I did that from Leighton Buzzard and it was my favourite international commute ever (especially during the Icelandic volcano).

Comment

If you're going to make this kind of scenario up then at least try to make it vaguely believable, or if it's going to remain as obvious fiction then make it amusing.

Comment

Working...
                      X