• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to stash the cash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    The trick with BTL is to buy the house to fit the tenants you want to have. If you buy an ex-council house in a bad area, you are not going to get good tenants. It was not BTL that was a bad idea, it was the house he bought.
    Sure. But where should he now put his cash if he is no longer interested in BTL.

So far we only have cycle driven investment planning, during the longest recession/depression cycle in living memory, so DP rather struck out there

Anything to add?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Stick it all on black?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Stick it all on black?
        Bit racist.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Sure. But where should he now put his cash if he is no longer interested in BTL.

So far we only have cycle driven investment planning, during the longest recession/depression cycle in living memory, so DP rather struck out there

Anything to add?
          Open an account in a country paying a higher rate

6 bank accounts that earn over 10% interest - MarketWatch
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

You can earn 3% interest on up to 20K in a Santander 1 2 3 account. Terms and conditions apply.

Comment

Working...
            X