• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP just lost my vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "infographic" is garbage, plain and simple, as it has virtually no basis to make statements like the ones it does. The truth of the matter is that it is trading on the negative perception of the Tea Party amongst self-described "liberals" and "progressives" and trying to tar Ukip with the same brush, including the usage of phrases like "eroding" worker's "rights", without any real commentary on whether these "rights" accomplish what they set out to, or perhaps even carry with them negative, unintended consequences. Of course, none of the major parties have been particularly specific as to their plans, either, and most of them have a track record of deviating from them, at any rate. Nothing Ukip has come out with in the past few months warrants almost anything in that picture, which is a bit disappointing in some cases, but to be expected.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 1 March 2015, 16:20.

Comment

They have talked about a flat tax rate a number of times although at their last conference they said:

We will introduce a 35p income tax rate between £42,285 and £55,000, whereupon the 40p rate becomes payable.
      They also said they want to get rid of the Agency Workers Directive, get rid of the Equalites Commission, remove the Ministry of Defense but increase spending for defense (haven't worked that one out.) Actually they've said a hell of a lot things that they're going to do but not how they're going to do it nor what they'll replace them with. Here's a Mail article about the new manifesto and why you won't see it in the not too distant future: Redirecting you to www.dailymail.co.uk | donotlink.com
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

UKIP never had mine to start with

UKIP never had mine to start with.

I find UKIP a bit 1930's protectionist and right wing / crazy.

I do understand that they do have a point, to er a point but are also a bit short sighted.

If all of the illegal and legal immigrants were kicked out of the country then the productivity of the country would sink.
        Many if not the majority of immigrants illegal or legal are quite productive and proactive. It must me said, putting some of the natives to shame. Also though, the fact that they are immigrants means that they are quite proactive anyway.

Then, to come out of Europe, our largest trading partner would sink GDP and companies would leave.
        Not right away but some large ones certainly would.

Having said that though, after a generation, with the right management the native populous could be quite productive and certainly richer. It would be painful though.

Also, it is good to see the other parties getting a bit of a kicking, especially Labour and the current front bench. What a shower of incompetent twats they are. They need to start acting like an opposition and not a protest party.

Nigel and UKIP do give it a good go but ultimately a man and party of the times with a bit of an elastic problem, in that they are trying to reach out to the conservative right and mid-left politically, which ultimately will mean that they will come a cropper.

Fun though and a fun election.
        Last edited by worzelGummidge; 1 March 2015, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          They have talked about a flat tax rate a number of times although at their last conference they said:

They also said they want to get rid of the Agency Workers Directive, get rid of the Equalites Commission, remove the Ministry of Defense but increase spending for defense (haven't worked that one out.) Actually they've said a hell of a lot things that they're going to do but not how they're going to do it nor what they'll replace them with. Here's a Mail article about the new manifesto and why you won't see it in the not too distant future: Redirecting you to www.dailymail.co.uk | donotlink.com
          The flat tax was quite a good suggestion, and it was a shame to see them let it go, but they probably realise the Tories would never bring it in. The most the Tories seem willing to contemplate right now is merging PAYE and NI, and even then they're not committal.

Of course, if the press want ammunition that will last them a lifetime, they may scrutinise the manifestos of the big parties, compare them to what they did and they won't have much else to preoccupy them for a good while. I couldn't care less. As long as Ukip keeps the Tories on their toes, they're serving their purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
            If all of the illegal and legal immigrants were kicked out of the country then the productivity of the country would sink.
            Citation needed. UKIP has said repeatedly no-one would be kicked out of the country.

Many if not the majority of immigrants illegal or legal are quite productive and proactive. It must me said, putting some of the natives to shame. Also though, the fact that they are immigrants means that they are quite proactive anyway.
            You seem to be misguided. UKIP is not anti-immigration. It is anti-uncontrolled-immigration. There is a big, very important difference. UKIP is pro skilled immigration, without discrimination against non-EU immigrants.

Then, to come out of Europe, our largest trading partner would sink GDP and companies would leave.
            Not right away but some large ones certainly would.
            We are one of the largest purchasers of products from Europe. If we leave the EU, the European continent is not going away. Do you really think Mercedes will let the German government stick prohibitive trade tariffs on exports of cars to the UK?

I agree with the rest of your comment!

Comment

Working...
            X