• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good and bad clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Do you build the warchest so you don't have to work if you choose not to?

Or do you work to build the warchest?
    tulip warchest, tulip client -> Stay

Good warchest, tulip client -> Bugger off.

What's the confusion?

Comment

Best, banking client only operated a notional 35 hour week, able to work 4 day week for nearly 4 years.

Worst, utilities client with a stupid bitch who was supposedly a test manager (how you got that position Nina god only knows). Sent some minnions along to do the interview and I ended up interviewing them to find out what the role was. She wasnt on site for the first 3 days after I turned up, was too busy to discuss what the project tasks were when she was, tried to question my skills which were not a requirement for the job spec she had written (which I shoved under her nose to prove they were not).

Oh, and she was duplicitous to cover her own failings. She told another contractor to their face they were being extended then a few days later, agency phoned contractor they were not being extended as she didnt think they were good enough!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Best: Work from home, minimal interruptions from client, left to get on with my work, brought in as an expert and treated as such.

Worst: hated the project, the people, the client, the ultimate purpose of the system, and the location. Paid well though.
        WHS
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
        X