• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is democracy not democratic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'm sorry no, NHS Scotland has a bigger budget per person than England to cover this stuff. 10% more.

The SNP spunked that budget on free prescription charges in order to buy votes in the middle classes while reducing the prescription options for cancer drugs for those most in need. Like the SNP cut 160,000 college places that offered working class families a bridge to a better life to pay for free university tuition fees for the middle classes. The SNP like to tell everyone that they are on the side of the underdog but really they just go after middle class votes.

"poorer living conditions historically" is surely an indication that we cannot look after ourselves. The evidence is that England has better health at less expense, maybe we should just let them run our NHS, Sturgeon has done a pretty crap job it has to be said in her time looking after the service.
    OK, lets start with NHS A&E waiting times, which you would claim are worse than Englands.

Want to do operation waiting times next ??

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      OK, lets start with NHS A&E waiting times, which you would claim are worse than Englands.

Do people in Northern Ireland and Wales have a lower average (median) healthy life expectancy than those in England and Scotland?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Found my own answer to the question. Though the figures are about 3 years old linky

In short Northern Irish and Welsh people aren't as unhealthy as Scottish people or as healthy as English people.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Am I reading this wrong or:

England: 2.4% off target
          Scotland: 4.5% off target

Depends how you cut the stats I guess

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Am I reading this wrong or:

England: 2.4% off target
            Scotland: 4.5% off target

Depends how you cut the stats I guess
            Scotland performs slightly worse in terms of target (as the target is higher) but as a % overall performs better than the other three areas. I'm sure Whinestrone won't agree though.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
            X