• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up a limited company in the UK but being resident in Spain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given this I think I'll go with setting up the company in Spain as the developers will be located here and the initial sales staff will be there also. There is "some political risk" to setting up shop in Spain; if PSEO (the lefties) or Podemos ("We Can") the new extreme lefties (a protest party essentially) get into power, they just love sucking money out of businesses to keep themselves in power, we've been there before with New Labour in the UK. Also there are some operational business risks .. in Spain even if you setup an 'Asociacion' which is essentially the closest thing to a Limited company, if that company makes losses say 2 years in succession - upon insolvency (either voluntary or non-voluntary) if the judge rules incompetency on the part of the director then they can go for your personal assets to pay tax and creditors - so much for the 'limited' part over here. And as for Gibraltar I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, some companies won't even do business with you if you are registered over there - "Offshore Companies House" (look it up if you don't believe me) .. someone's trying to pull my leg with that one.

If we have success then I'll be intent on setting up an operation in the U.K., wish us luck and thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
    X