• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Christmas Film Ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some like it hot
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Lawrence of Arabia
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The Great Escape?

A real travesty of a film since I've been reading 'The Great Escaper' about Roger Bushell aka Big X and the actual Great Escape.

In reality;

1. No one tried to jump the border fence on a bike.

2. There were no Americans involved.

3. 200 lined up and planned to escape, 87 did, 3 got 'home'.

What I found hard to believe having read the book is how much stuff was pilfered, on the list was something like 635 mattresses, 76 benches, 52 tables, 2 drum coils of thick cable (Gestapo shot the blokes who 'lost' these) and 90 complete Bunkbeds.

Also the POW's kept meticulous records of which guards were where and when, and the Camp Kommandant used these records as proof to discipline two guards who shirked off their patrols early.

Be nice to see an accurate movie of these events made, there's enough in the real story without jazzing it up...

Comment

Muppet Christmas Carol.

Though Trading Places is pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
            Muppet Christmas Carol.

Though Trading Places is pretty close.
            Muppets Christmas carol with Elf a close second
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Silence of the Lambs.
              I thought that was a cookery show for you GAL types?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                What's your bestest Christmas film, like ever? The one you watch every year?

Miracle on 34th Street (1994) for me.
                An outstanding film and highly underrated.

Comment

It has Nuns.
                  It has Nazis.

It has Nuns and Nazis
                  It has Nuns and Nazis and Julie Andrews
                  It has Nuns and Nazis and Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer
                  It has Nuns and Nazis and Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer Rodgers and a Oscar Hammerstein Soundtrack

It has Nuns and Nazis and Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer Rodgers and a Oscar Hammerstein Soundtrack and jazz

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    It has Nuns.
                    It has Nazis.

It has Nuns and Nazis
                    It has Nuns and Nazis and Julie Andrews
                    It has Nuns and Nazis and Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer
                    It has Nuns and Nazis and Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer Rodgers and a Oscar Hammerstein Soundtrack

It has Nuns and Nazis and Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer Rodgers and a Oscar Hammerstein Soundtrack and jazz

Seen it French, German and Italian.

The first one, that is.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Star wars. It was the BBC Xmas film one year when I was about 5 or 6 I think. Watching it always makes me think of Christmas

Comment

Working...
                      X