• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filling up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    It's worth looking for places like that.

The cheerful service is a definite bonus.
    +1

I used to use a place in Halifax. It was great when I was working over there but the guy only does 9-5 so it's no use to me any more. He rescued me once when some tw@ stuck a dart through two tire sidewalls, even though he was closing.

For anyone in the vicinity, it's the place on the opposite side of the road to the 3 Pigeons, a bit further down towards the Shay.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      £1.19 for diesel this aft. That's as far as my research goes.

In other car news, i had yet another fecking flat this week. I was on my way to quickfit when i noticed a backstreet tyre shop next door. They fixed* it for a fiver, didn't make me wait around for 45 minutes whilst conducting a mini mot, didn't need to know where i lived, didn't need my phone number and didn't need the date of my insurance renewal. Very impressed. They also let the kids stay in the car when they jacked it up. Great fun.

* - it was a slow puncture so the proof of their fix will be on monday morning I expect.
      Cheapest for me is 116.9 at an Esso.

Randomly them and a Shell station are cheaper than the supermarkets near me. Though both are about 2 miles from the nearest supermarket so the only way to compare prices unless you drive past supermarkets is the petrol prices email.

There are lots of backstreet tyre places around. It's always worth asking staff at clientco if they are local who they use before anything happens.

I don't know why anyone uses Kwik Fit. I remember years ago a couple of my mates got their maps stolen from their cars when they took them to a branch in Manchester.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X