• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anger over migrants' food fishing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or spare body parts for transplants. Good idea. Where's my vacancy sign!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Imagine that! Catching your own fish instead of buying it from Tesco! who woulda thunk it!
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        angels
        What?

Comment

They're our fecking fish, not theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            He was not a bad guy, but this is the kind of crap that is pretty common in Russians - even when they know that this kind of behavior is wrong and illegal here, they would still engage in it.
            So you're saying our laws need amending to be "if you did it in your country of origin, then it's allright to do it here"
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              So you're saying our laws need amending to be "if you did it in your country of origin, then it's allright to do it here"
              Perhaps if these things WEREN'T allright to do in their country of origin, they wouldn't end up with a country they need to get away from!

Comment

I can see it now....corner fish and chip shops...

Carp and Chips ?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  I think stupidity should be punishable harshly to make people smarter.

If a hungry foreigner steals piece of bread then I can understand that, but going fishing is a luxury that is not necessary for survival, especially considering how few fish in this country (hence it is let back into water), so I'd crack down on such behavior very harshly indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I think stupidity should be punishable harshly to make people smarter.

If a hungry foreigner steals piece of bread then I can understand that, but going fishing is a luxury that is not necessary for survival, especially considering how few fish in this country (hence it is let back into water), so I'd crack down on such behavior very harshly indeed.

Give them an ASBO ! that's do the trick !

Comment

I've often seen buses turn up at the Pick Your Own on the local farm churning out vaste quantities of fuzzy-wuzzies onto the fields for a full day feasting. Out come the carpets, plates, the jugs of soured milk... and the token small basket of veg to pay for at the end of the day.

Bargain.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X