• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3-0 Scotland win - holding post

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Tarbera nearly got the score correct just for the wrong team!

It has gone quiet though hasn't it? Like morning after a referendum result!
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

First time I've seen Scotland for a while. I expected more from them but they were poop.

Comment

There's no real intimidation from the crowds/stadia anymore now football has been dumbed down for families.

I used to shiit it going to The Den, Hampden on the one occasion, and England playing in Glasgow was a real Lion's Den. Not now, just like any other stadium.

I've been truly scared in some places! I remember away at Sheff Wed on a midweek night, early 80's, there was about thirty of us made the trip, so the coppers put is in a wee corner of The Kop, with about 20,000 Wednesday fans and 5 coppers as a 'guard'.

One of our number Terrance 'Tarts' Hamer was wearing a wollen Bob hat, we had to join in when the Wednesday faithful, complete with overacted pointing, sang 'Who's the Benny in the hat?', i.e. Benny from Crossroads.

Lost 3-0.....

Comment

Why were English fans shouting f••• the IRA at the scots for 30 mins ?

Did they think we were Irish ?

Many people very confused about that one !!!

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
            Why were English fans shouting f••• the IRA at the scots for 30 mins ?

Did they think we were Irish ?

Many people very confused about that one !!!
            IIRC some Scottish fans used to sing the praises of the IRA at England matches. That was several years ago now, mind.

Comment

3-0 Scotland win - holding post

70/1 on betfair get on !!!
              I've just remembered - you used to do a regular Tarbera's Tips thread didn't you?

Whatever happened to that enterprise?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                IIRC some Scottish fans used to sing the praises of the IRA at England matches. That was several years ago now, mind.
                No way ever !!

they would have been battered my the majority of Scotland fans who are anti IRA also

Never seen this at a scottish game ever (Celtic yes, never Scotland )

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I've just remembered - you used to do a regular Tarbera's Tips thread didn't you?

Whatever happened to that enterprise?
                  Going well I won £1.5million and retired from contracting

Comment

Going well I won £1.5million and retired from contracting
                    Good man.

Comment

No way ever !!

they would have been battered my the majority of Scotland fans who are anti IRA also

Never seen this at a scottish game ever (Celtic yes, never Scotland )
                      Oh, maybe it was Ireland or Celtic or some such. Anyway, it wasn't a good thing for England fans to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X